Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Global Wireless Mobile Company
The Operations Manager is responsible for the timely, efficient and economical processing of a range of products including Cellphones, Tablets, consumer electronics, accessories, and wearables. He or She will be responsible for establishing and delivering on quality standards for the operation and meeting or exceeding company goals and objectives including financial performance.
He or She will be responsible for the organization, scheduling of staff, and directing of the warehouse on a day-to-day work plan, controls outbound and inbound shipments and sustain accuracy of inventory levels.
- Responsible for the daily scheduling of warehouse personnel to ensure proper staffing in order to select and receive products at the facility in a productive and cost-efficient manner.
- Directs the day-to-day activities of the warehouse. Such activities include shipping, receiving, sanitation, maintenance, inventory control, etc.
- Plan departmental resources and activities in relation to company objectives and set targets.
- Organize operational activities and assign responsibilities for staff accordingly.
- Track dead stock, goods aging, consumption, and manpower.
- Drive process improvement activities on the production floor focused on improving manufacturing processes as well as reducing costs.
- Generates warehouse productivity reports, in regard to selection rates, receiving rates, and accounts for all labor hours, both direct and indirect.
- Follow up & control daily absence.
- Implement training and cross-training of staff.
- Promote constant motivation among staff to strive for an efficient and effective department.
- Maintain and ensure accurate inventory records (verify accuracy of incoming/outgoing shipments)
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports in order to determine production requirements and evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Responsible for maintenance of warehouse equipment, providing both preventive maintenance programs and all necessary repairs. Ensures that the warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment in order to perform the distribution functions.
- Responsible for warehouse safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for employees.
- Provide leadership and coaching to the department leads.
- Manage project tasks and timelines to ensure successful completion.
- Perform other duties as assigned within your scope of responsibilities.
- Three years supervisory experience in a warehouse environment
- Knowledge of warehouse and manufacturing procedures
- Must be bilingual English/Japanese.
- Hands on person.
- Able to work flexible schedule and hours.
- Must have good supervisory and communication skills.
- High energy, personal drive and self-motivation to accomplish business goals.
- Must be effective communicator.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Should have strong management abilities, which they use to hire, train and direct employees.
- Able to design and change warehouse layouts in order to improve efficiency and inventory accuracy.
- General knowledge of developing Budgets, Safety Management, Software Use,
- Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Surveillance Skills, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills.
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.