Note: Fluent ~ Native level Japanese required
Asset Management Firm
Day to day responsibilities
- Seamless and errorless transactions processing, including trade matching, confirmation processing and settlement.
- Order placement of underlying funds for Fund of Funds
- Front-Office / back office reconciliation of portfolios
- Safekeeping of statutory or regulatory documents / tickets if relevant
- Support the launch of new products (analysis of settlement cycle, account opening, referential data management)
- Day to day control of the functions of MO as well as resolution of various administrative problems
- Support head of department for management and control
- Establish and maintain a Business Continuity Plan for the area of responsibility
- Evaluation of brokers performance from middle office standpoint
Business transformation responsibilities
- Proactively review the efficiency of MO processes from cost or service quality point of view. Identify, recommend and execute action plan for transformation.
- Help align the department with global MO processes, keep frequent contacts with head office, and understand global organization and projects.
- Excellent understanding of the investment business and the firm's products and services
- Extensive experience in middle office operations and services
- Accurate understanding of relevant laws and regulations
- Proficiency in English and Japanese
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Project management skills
Microsoft Office relevant applications, T-STAR, JASDEC system, and necessity to learn quickly In-house developed systems. Any relevant experience in other Back Office systems from a data communication standpoint and related to Middle Office functions also welcome.
Candidates should be knowledgeable of assigned products/ functional area and have a thorough understanding of the Middle Office function as well as the related operation processes surrounding the department
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.