[Company Summary ]
Global Finial Service company
- Vendor Management
- The Sr. Translation Manager will have oversight of existing and new translation vendors across all content types in APAC Global Investment Management Services.
- Responsible for the translation vendor strategy, initially focusing on services supported by our Japan and Hong Kong, whilst aspiring to seek and build long term vendor relationships to maintain a high level of translation quality output.
- Engage with the Head of Enterprise Vendor Management Office to ensure new and existing translation vendors are reviewed in accordance with vendor management policies and procedures.
- The Sr. Translation Manager will (i) establish strong working relationships with our translation vendors by developing and maintaining an ongoing communication plan, including facilitating vendor quality feedback from content owners; (ii) establish and manage service level agreements with the vendor; and (iii) ensure the vendor properly manages resources to address current and future demands.
- Refine the vendor assessment framework to evaluate existing and potential translation vendors with the goal of identifying operational efficiencies and potential financial gains.
- Provide support with on-boarding new translation vendors. Success will be achieved if translation quality improves through effective vendor management.
- Translation Framework
- Responsible for iterating the translation framework as a scalable and lean process model and as such, will be an advocate of and champion the translation framework.
- Where appropriate, the Sr. Translation Manager will act as the coordinator of the APAC translation vendors for marketing materials, articles, commentaries, factsheets, prospectus, kits, and Requests for Proposals.
- Develop, implement, and provide ongoing support that promotes an efficient method to produce quality translated materials. This will require coordination with local Sales teams, Senior Leaders in Marketing, Digital, Legal and Compliance, Technology, as well as content owners and publishers.
- Help ensure prioritization of content translation requests against local business strategy; track translation requests from intake to completion, including initiating the translation request with the selected vendor; and implement a transparent method for tracking translation requests.
- Performance Measurement
- Continuously measure the operational effectiveness of the translation framework whilst ensuring scalability.
- Draft measurement frameworks to assess vendor performance, internal process performance, and overall commercial value. The status of vendor quality and performance will then be reported to key internal stakeholders, including local Sales teams, Senior Leaders in Marketing, Digital, ・Legal and Compliance, Enterprise Vendor Management, and Technology, and will identify areas of opportunities to facilitate continuous process efficiencies.
- Policies & Procedures
- Establish and oversee policy and process as it pertains to the translation framework. Such policies and procedures will be documented in accordance with firm-wide policy guidelines and will outline a best practice translation process that describes the (i) request intake process, (ii) content translation, (iii) quality assurance, (iv) compliance and delivery, and (v) review and feedback.
- Document the decision making process for hiring potential new translation vendors and reasons existing vendor contracts may or may not be renewed.
- Strong communication skills and confidence working in a client facing environment
- Highly organised and proficient at working independently to manage tight deadlines
- Proven experience and effectiveness in stakeholder management
- An effective and collaborative approach to working with distributed teams
- Proven experience working with vendors and suppliers
- Appreciation of local languages and understanding nuances
- Fluent in Japanese (spoken and ideally, written) and English (spoken and written)
- Willingness to travel, particularly between Tokyo and Hong Kong
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Minimum 5 years' experience in vendor management and/or translation management from within a financial services firm or similar
- Understanding of digital services and the complexities of distributing and maintaining digital content across different platforms
- Fluent in Mandarin (spoken) and traditional and simplified Chinese (written) - other regional language skills would also be advantageous
Full Time Employee
8 Million Yen ~ 10 Million Yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
※Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.