Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE：
Reporting to the Director, Global Treasury Operations, this senior manager role will be responsible for managing the Global Middle Office and Treasury Governance covering areas including (but not limited to) i) collateral & security management, ii) cash placements, bank accounts and FX executions, iii) investments and divestiture projects, iv) treasury process standardization and improvements, and v) document retention and control.
The role requires a strategic mindset to enhance treasury governance, combined with management and coordination skills with various stakeholders within treasury, legal, tax, accounting, M&A deal teams and external parties such as legal firms and consulting firms.
- To manage the Middle Office duties related to FX and Cash exposure, and support to build the treasury governance framework
- To monitor and control global bank accounts and counter party exposures
- To engage with internal/external stakeholders in order to manage the collaterals/securities associated with borrowings from lender banks
- To work with deal teams and bank relations team on new investments and divestiture projects from Middle Office standpoint
- To work on document standardization and retention, process standardization and improvement projects with Director of Treasury Operation.
- To perform other ad hoc assignments as directed by the Director, Treasury Operations, VP and/or SVP Group Treasury
- 8+ years of experience in similar role with an emphasis on treasury governance and risk management
- Extensive knowledge in corporate treasury practices, banking, cash management, FX, risk management, treasury systems and operations
- Knowledge of cash & liability management practices.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English (written/spoken) and Japanese
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics at minimum is required.
- Candidate will ideally possess an MBA or other advanced degree.
OTHER INFORMATION & SPECIFIC SKILLS：
- Ability to enter and solve conflictual situations
- High willingness to make/drive decisions
- Good planning and analytical skills
- Dynamic and continuously looking for improvements
- High accountability (externally and internally)