Japanese Pharmaceutical Company
The IP Director, Transactions and Internal Policy will be responsible for the following working closely with and at the direction of the Head of IP Legal:
- Lead and develop the agreement review process for supporting new in-licensing and acquisition targets in collaboration with the IP Legal Leadership Team to provide strategic input in alignment with comprehensive IP strategy.
- Lead a cross-functional team through a matrix approach in collaboration with the IP Legal ・Leadership Team to provide best in class IP support for collaboration research and business development activities, including mentoring junior members of IP Legal group.
- Provide strategic and tactical legal advice to senior management and other business clients on the IP implications and IP aspects relative to agreements.
Participate as a member of the Leadership Team, for the IP Legal Team and providing the following support:
- Provide appropriate level of monitoring the progress of research activities in collaboration with third parties;
- Provide and oversee IP advice and support developing IP strategies with respect to mergers, acquisitions, licensing, due diligence, collaborations, co-promotions, and joint ventures including collaborating with IP INV as requested or appropriate.
- Retain, supervise and direct outside IP counsel effectively and efficiently and consistent with global budget as may be needed to support transactional matters. Work creatively with outside counsel to minimize fees and costs.
- Provide relevant business functions and stakeholders with IP education, and enhancing IP understanding; and partner with IP INV to create and deliver IP education related to BD/ due diligence activities.
- Lead, overseeing and participating in the creation and implementation of policies and procedures within the IP Legal team. May identify and lead the development of business or team process improvements that will prevent or minimize future IP-related business risks.
- Collaborate with global Legal function and IP INV group, and in particular with respect to patent issues related to transactional matters.
- 10+ years of experience in IP organization in Pharma Industry.
- University degree in life sciences and/or medical devices (preferably Ph.D.)
- Strong leadership skills to effectively lead a global IP function in a complex regional environment and manage, train and motivate the regional team
- Solid understanding of global patent laws and ability to advise internal clients from a global perspective.
- Excellent communication skills to build positive relationships internally and externally and to negotiate and communicate legal issues clearly
- Business level skills in both Japanese and English
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage large workloads, multi-task, focus on critical priorities, and otherwise effectively meet client needs. Ability to produce high quality work under deadline pressures.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
14 Million yen ~ 18 Million yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Employment Insurance, Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance, Welfare Pension Insurance, Health Insurance, Mutual Aid Association System, Company Housing System, Employee Shareholder Association System, Property Accumulation Savings System, Bonus(Twice a year), Salary Raise(Once a year)
Weekends(Sat and Sun), holidays, May 1st, summer vacation, New Year holidays, Annual paid leave, childcare leave system, nursing care leave system, etc.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.