- Interface with customs brokers, freight forwarders and other service providers to effectively provide import/export instructions and oversight.
- Provide regulatory guidance and oversight to company on import / export issues
- Work with Global team members, business leaders and other key stakeholders to successfully implement and upgrade the internal policies and processes like HS classification process, export controls process, country of origin etc.
- Quantify cost savings opportunities for participation in preferential trade programs and provide oversight of compliant implementation of programs
- Identify Customs risks areas and develop actionable plans and procedures to mitigate those risks
- Assist with strategic projects to improve efficiency, compliance and cost reduction initiatives
- Monitor regulatory upcoming changes affecting Customs requirements in the country and translate changes into operational procedures
- Identify opportunities for Customs duty/tax reduction in country and lead the implementation of Customs programs such as AEO, simplified procedures, Customs regimes, etc.
- Revise established compliance policies and practices in accordance with changing legal framework and business models, seek out automation opportunities.
- Establish workflow/process improvements through the use of automation to strategically optimize global trade management related activities.
- Maintain and conduct audits of import/export transaction to affirm internal controls in areas including classification, record keeping, value, origin, licensing etc., implement any necessary corrective actions to any audit findings
- Identify optimization opportunities on domestic logistics spend and lead negotiation for the domestic modes, warehouse services, broker, trucker and freight forwarder
- Communicate with carriers for solution when any escalated issue from business
- Support forwarder to manage carriers' KPI review and improvement proposals in line with global/regional request
- Responsible for developing and executing mode procurement strategies, negotiating contracts, managing core supplier relationships, leading supplier implementations, and monitoring supplier performance.
- Responsible for negotiating approximately $10 million in freight spend spread across multiple modes.
- Perform supplier selection, contract negotiation and implementation through strategic sourcing process. Upon implementation, actively manage vendor contracts and proactively identify opportunities for improvement
- Bachelor Degree
- At least 3 years' experiences directly related to Japan Export/Import Licensing and trade compliance management.
- Have experience in customs clearance and HTS classification issue resolving, freight forwarding and broker management.
- Familiarity with Japan EPA/GSP regulations, can provide guidance for the qualification analysis
- Experience in drafting and submitting Export/Import licenses/agreements, Customs commodity HS Code classification ruling application, jurisdiction determinations and advisory opinions for marketing, sales and procurement activities.
- Familiarity with Japan METI export control laws and regulations, and corporate licensing and compliance tracking systems.
- Demonstrated strengths will include a highly collaborative work style, the ability to anticipate problems, success in resolving difficult situations and effectively communicate with all levels of stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively, with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Experience with trade automation, global trade management systems/software and data analytic tools are highly sought after, such as SAP, Excel, etc.
- May require occasional travel
- Strong written and fluent oral communication skills in Japanese and English
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.