Global software company
We are seeking a Technical Support Specialist to provide customer support for our Tokyo location. The successful candidate will be responsible for direct support of our customer developers and administrators. This includes web/email support as well as direct telephone support. This position is in the Technical Support group, a collaborative team working on highly challenging technical issues covering a broad range of technologies and working closely with the senior technical support, development, and operations staff.
The Technical Support Specialist might be required to work outside of normal business hours.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
- Experience with any of the following technologies: POP3, SMTP, LDAP or Unix/Linux operating systems, networking
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle
- Good experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies ok)
- Native / Fluent level of Japanese is a Must
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL, or CMDB
Professional skills required for the role:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Japanese
- Previous experience in a customer facing support role
- Works well in a team environment
- Strong personal commitment to quality, customer service and continual learning
- Demonstrated experience understanding and troubleshooting solutions in a complex technical environment
- Ability to multi-task in a timely manner whilst collaborating with multiple teams
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demean our and customer focus when handling complex user issues
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.