Global IT Company
RSA Security Technical Support Engineer
- Applies advanced systems level technical expertise to resolve highly complex systems level customer issues
- Reviews technical solution articles for accuracy and completeness, and give feedback to the authors
- Accepts escalations from other technical team members as a subject matter expert, shaping group operations with depth of knowledge
- Works closely with Engineering and other technical business units to increase knowledge and resolve customer issues
- Mentors others in providing validated technical information, support process instructions and special support requirements
- Validates technical information and issues early warning and disseminates information as needed
- Interfaces directly with customers at different stages of problem resolution process including understanding issues customers are facing, communicating plans for resolution, explaining developments, and conveying resolution
- Identifies, records and works with management to proactively revise current procedures and tools to improve customer satisfaction
- Mentors and/or coaches less experienced TSEs, Helps develop and participate in presentations and informal training for other TSEs
- Applies systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware or software systems functionality
- Applies technical knowledge to analyze and use highly technical troubleshooting tools and content and analytical practices; uses operational and diagnostic procedures to diagnose and resolve issues in unique and often complex customer environments
- Systematically gathers relevant information and analyzes a broad range of factors while working to diagnose and resolve issues
- Determines which tool(s) to use to resolve issues including running tests and be able to identify when deviation from the available troubleshooting tools and documents is appropriate
- Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment
- Maintains a "closed-loop" communication style that ensures proper and consistent documentation in service request case notes; assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status
- Contributes and develops knowledge-based articles; may perform senior or expert level tasks for assigned products and skills; prepares articles for other TSEs and/or customers regarding technical solutions
- 2+ years of Unix/Linux knowledge with strong command line experience and UNIX/Linux shell scripting experience
- Technical proficiency across Windows platforms including computer networking skills, Microsoft SQL Server 2003/2008 installations, integration and configuration, Microsoft IIS, LDAP, and web-based technologies
- Proficient with networking fundamentals and a basic working knowledge of netstat, nslookup, dig, route, ping, traceroute, snoop, tcpdump and wireshark for isolation of network issues
- 2+ years of experience with network security to include packet sniffing, firewall configuration and SSL-based secure communications
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, act independently and exercise good judgment
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives and propose quality solutions
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese and English
- Excellent troubleshooting and customer support skills
- Excellent organization skills; capable of effectively balancing multiple responsibilities, managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent knowledge of security fundamentals.
- SQL Query Language
- Active Directory Administration knowledge
- API/SDK experience
- Active Directory and IIS・・Strong knowledge of Networking, Architecture & Administration
- CISSP, CEH, OSSP or similar security certification is a plus.
- College degree preferred, preferably in MIS, CS, or another technology-related study
Full Time Employee
9 Million Yen
※Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.