- Report to Head of Global Tax Strategy & Planning and Japan Tax Head
- Implementation of tax strategies & initiatives (e.g. rate/cash tax objectives)
- Evaluation of tax impacts & implementation of Japanese business development activities (e.g. licensing, divestments, M&A).
- Lead major initiatives and assist in developing plans to navigate complex Japanese tax aspects of our global business operations. Examples of relevant initiatives include supply chain planning, negotiating / obtaining tax incentives for new operations / sites & assessing Japanese tax impacts of international of operations (Japanese Controlled Foreign Company Rules).
- Support structuring for major transactions such as acquisitions, mergers, partnerships, joint ventures, licensing transactions & post transaction integration, as well as business restructuring efforts lead by the Global Tax Planning Team and advise on Japanese tax aspects. Lead such efforts (in liaison with the Global Tax Planning Team) for projects solely relating to our business in Japan.
- Translate technical tax matters into non-technical terms for presentation to senior management.
- Communicate / present tax aspects in a clear and effective manner across all levels of the company and support communication with senior management.
- Monitor Japanese law changes and determine the impact to the organization along with assisting our government affairs group with tax lobbying efforts.
- Maintain relationships both within and outside of the tax department in order to ensure awareness across the organization of tax issues impacting the organization.
- Support implementation of international tax matters such as Japanese CFC and Earnings Stripping Rules
- Support our Japanese tax compliance and tax audit
- Qualification: Zeirishi (Licensed Tax Attorney) or CPA, with 10+ years of experience in cross-border/domestic M&A/reorganization transactions and J-CFC in industries
- Language: Japanese & English（Business level ~ Fluent）