- Preparation of annual tax returns within stipulated timelines.
- Preparation of statutory reports, including all disclosure notes, liaison with external auditors and ensuring submission within statutory timelines.
- Ongoing assistance with the US legal entity reporting processes including liaison with Tax Reporting teams in the US, making sure deadlines are met and accuracy and credibility of reporting is being maintained
- Timely and accurate filing of consumption tax and other indirect taxes.
- Tax accounting in Business Plan cycles and quarterly closing.
- Ensure compliance to SOX and other internal controls.
- Provide internal tax/accounting advisory services and support business operation matters.
- Maintain appropriate local transfer pricing documentation and operation.
- Deal with external tax authorities and consultants.
Assignment and Planning of Work
- Much of the work is providing support to legal entities in Japan, in alignment with Global Tax guidelines.
- There must be an ability to stress the importance of deadlines and reporting requirements to peers. Therefore, a strength to balance conflicting priorities is important.
- There will be extra demands around the quarterly/year-end reporting and tax return deadlines as well as US tax reporting deadlines.
- Sufficient training courses should be attended each year in order to keep up to date with changing legislation and accounting developments.
Other Working Relationships
- Develop close working relationship with Tax Center peers in Japan as well as Asia Pacific.
- Interaction with Global Tax colleagues around the world.
- Interaction with other business teams in Japan, across the region and worldwide as and when required, e.g., Supply Chain, Legal, Payroll, HR.
- Tax/accountancy qualification (Certified Public Tax Accountant, Japanese CPA, US CPA is a plus)
- At least 7 years of tax/accounting experience in a multinational corporation and/or in an international accounting firm.
- Ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Fluent in Japanese and reading/writing level of English
- Analytical and attention to detail.
- Great team communicator.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel) and keen to learn new technologies.
- Highly proactive with a can-do attitude.
9:00 - 18:00