Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan.
Global Software Company
We are looking for a dynamic Tax Manager who will join our Finance Team in Tokyo Japan. The Finance team in Tokyo is responsible for all tax, accounting matters and finance operations in Japan. The Tax Manager will report to the Vice President of Finance Japan and will be based in Tokyo. The person will also indirectly report to the HQ Tax Department.
The person will support the Finance team in managing tax compliance for the Japan region. The Tax Manager will be specifically responsible for ensuring accurate and timely submission of tax returns and payments, assisting with the calculations of periodic tax provisions, and assisting in areas such as tax audits, acquisition integrations and transfer pricing. The individual will drive trust, efficiency and the communication of information to the Controllership organization, HQ tax team and business partners in order to facilitate collaboration.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, flexible and able to adapt to a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Tax compliance / Tax Reporting:
- Manage the preparation of the corporate tax return with the external tax provider.
- Prepare workpapers and schedules for the corporate tax return coordinating with the Controllers organization.
- Answer queries from the external tax provider for the corporate tax return
- Coordinate with accounting and external tax provider for tax provision process and prepare a best-estimate tax calculation
- Assist the US tax team in the preparation of quarterly and yearly tax reporting under US-GAAP (FAS109), including true-ups;
- Provide necessary documents to EY audit (i.e. tax account movements, proof of tax payments, any tax issues during the year, etc)
- Assist with M&A integrations and due diligence related to Japan acquisitions
- Assist with answering queries for Japan corporate income tax audits
- Assist with responding to queries from Sales and other departments related to Japan taxation
- Develop professional relationships with personnel in the Controllership organization and the global tax team;
- Liaise with external advisors;
- Degree in accounting, economics or law.
- At least 5 years of experience in the finance department at a multinational company or tax firm.
- General knowledge of Japan Corporate income tax, GST, and other taxes.
- Fluent in spoken/written Japanese, and business level in spoken/written in English.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Basic understanding of US international tax principles;
- Basic knowledge of Japan and US GAAP accounting (detailed understanding can be learned on the job);
- CPA (Konin Kaikeishi) or Tax Accountant (Zeirishi) qualification is preferable, but not required;
- Knowledge of statutory reporting;
- Highly structured thinker;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate tax matters succinctly to management;
- Good analytical skills, flexible, creative and results oriented;
- Enjoys and thrives working with and in a cross-functional team;
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.