Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
This position is responsible to support and work closely with the VP-Taxes, APAC region for maximizing the profitability of the entities predominantly operating in Japan and Korea, through effective tax advisories and planning, and support on audits of the tax authorities. Over time, the candidate may also be required to support other markets (e.g. Singapore). It also ensures appropriate compliance with applicable tax laws through monitoring of new tax legislations, and management of tax process' governance and efficiency. The position also supports the VP to provide needed coordination on other tax related processes, including tax accounting, transfer pricing & BEPS matters. The position's responsibility may be required to extend to cover other countries of the APAC region in optimizing tax resources to maximize tax efficiencies.
- To provide effective tax advice and planning ideas.
- Evaluate tax reduction opportunities or tax exposures and recommend changes/solutions.
- Support tax compliance team to recommend the most advantageous tax positions to be taken on tax returns.
- Ensure that the most advantageous positions are taken on audits by local tax authorities; negotiate with relevant authorities for optimal outcome.
- Analyze pending local tax legislation to ensure relevant cost/benefits are correctly assessed; develop and implement lobbying strategies.
- Assist in ensuring AXP's compliance with tax laws by providing advice on requirements, and support final review of returns for technical accuracy.
- Structure and exercise effective governance and control of the markets' tax processes to ensure AXP's full and effective compliance with tax laws, Sarbanes-Oxley and similar requirements.
- Support to evaluate and initiative tax processes and systems improvement to optimize digital and process efficiency.
- Proactively anticipate in business initiatives and other projects to drive for tax efficiency. Reach out to educate local management on the importance of legal entity relationships and planning to tax matters and favorable business results. Maintain a supportive and proactive relationship and partnership with business and support teams.
- Perform/support other tax tasks as required from time to time
- College / university degree, graduate degree or certifications desirable, with 10+ years of experience in Japanese taxation. A Japan CPA, and preferably a Zeirishi (registered tax agent), with degree in tax or accountancy, or law preferred.
- Primarily have sound working knowledge of the Japan tax system and requirements.
- Knowledgeable about local and GAAP accounting rules.
- Familiar with Japan's tax laws and related rules. Knowledge of tax laws of other Asian countries is an advantage.
- Must be highly analytical and able to creatively apply tax rules to business situations to achieve positive results, while assuring full compliance with applicable laws.
- Must have good partnership & negotiation skills.
- Must be a self-starter with solid leadership skills, and high integrity and ethics. Can work independently with high effectiveness.
- Must have strong Japanese as well as very good English oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills to deal with a wide range of individuals (including government tax officials) and different cultures.
就業時間：9:00 - 17:30