Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
- Responsible for process oversight and review of direct tax filings within stipulated timelines.
- Ongoing assistance with the US LE reporting processes including liaison with GS and Global Tax team, making sure all deadlines are met and accuracy and credibility of reporting is being maintained.
- Supervision of timely and accurate filing of consumption tax and other miscellaneous taxes.
- Tax forecasting/accounting in Business Plan cycles and quarterly closing.
- Ensure compliance to SOX and other internal controls, and support in SOX audits.
- Lead in cross-sectors tax driven business initiatives locally or regionally.
- Provide internal tax advisory services and support business operation matters.
- Support the line manager, BUF and other colleagues on local transfer pricing matters.
- Handle the relationships with external tax authorities and consultants.
- Standardize and streamline of processes across sectors.
- Collaborate and build positive relationships with BUF, GS and other business partners.
■Assignment and Planning of Work
- Much of the work is providing advice and support to the Japanese legal entities, working within their timetables and both internal and external reporting deadlines; the work can be of a non-routine nature with the timing of advisory projects governed by business needs and accordingly it is necessary to be agile to cope with these demands alongside other deadlines.
- There must be an ability to stress the importance of deadlines and reporting requirements to peers; therefore, a strength to balance conflicting priorities is essential.
- There will be extra demands around the quarterly/year-end reporting and tax return deadlines as well as US tax reporting deadlines.
- Sufficient training courses should be attended each year in order to keep up to date with changing legislation developments.
- Tax qualification (Certified Public Tax Accountant, Japanese CPA or US CPA is a plus).
- At least 10 years of Japanese tax experience in a multinational corporation and/or in an international tax firm.
- Competent to work independently and be influential.
- Ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Analytical and attention to detail.
- Capability to lead a team as a great teammate.
- Excellent communication skills in both Japanese and English.
- Ability to convey complex issues to non-tax colleagues and provide practical advice.
- Highly proactive with a can-do attitude.