Global Consulting Company
The successful candidate will be responsible for the company's entity & client tax matters in the Japan Market Unit (MU)
The role requires the candidate to possess strong tax technical competence and the ability to communicate complex and innovative tax concepts in a business structured manner to senior management.
The successful candidate would be responsible for the efficient functioning of the overall tax function in Japan which would specifically involve the following:
- Managing and providing direction to Japan country controllership & finance teams in matters relating to direct and indirect taxes, including reviews and signoffs for tax compliances in accordance with the company policies.
- Managing tax audits and controversies in Japan, including interactions with local tax officials where necessary with support from external advisors.
- Ensuring accurate tax accounting reporting for the company's SEC filings in collaboration with central tax accounting team and also providing guidance to local finance/ controllership teams for local statutory reporting.
- Proactively identifying tax risk areas in dynamic business environment and developing remediation/ defense strategies for the same.
- Developing tax planning proposals, including internal restructuring projects, in collaboration with Global Tax Planning team followed by its implementation, with the objective to drive ETR optimization.
- Advising client teams on tax efficient structures for large & complex client engagements (including cross border contracts) covering direct and indirect taxes and mitigating tax risk for the company in such client contracting situations.
- Drive successful implementation of global initiatives for tax in Japan.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable company policies and processes as regards tax matters.
A CPA (or tax specialized certification) with extensive experience and knowledge of Japan tax laws, including corporate income tax, transfer pricing, indirect taxes & M&A tax. The job requires a background of minimum 14 years tax experience, either as a tax professional in a Big 4 tax department and/ or in a corporate tax department with a multinational business. In addition, the job requires the following attributes:
- Strong analytical and tax technical skills
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work well in a fluid and challenging environment
- Ability to motivate, inspire, groom and develop team members working remotely
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a geographically diverse team
- Ability to work independently in a virtual work environment
- Computer Skills: Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook, and SAP (advantage).
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.