[Position] Tax Business Partner
[Salary] 12~17 million JPY
Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Growing Multinational IT Company
- Work closely with business and product teams; formulate and execute tax strategies that align with business goals
- Identify and mitigate potential tax risk for the company
- Assist and advise on tax queries from business, finance, and legal teams
- Review tax returns prepared by external tax advisors, make tax payments, and ensure tax compliance
- Research on and monitor the latest developments of Japanese tax regulations
- At least 5 years of Japanese tax experience in a multinational corporation and/or in an international tax firm
- In-depth knowledge of taxation in Japan and the ability to read business models
- Familiar with Japanese tax compliance requirements and procedures, including but not limited to Consumption tax, Corporate income tax, withholding tax, etc.
- Excellent communication skills in both Japanese and English or Chinese
- Ability to convey complex issues to non-tax colleagues and provide practical advice
- Highly proactive with a can-do attitude
[Preferred Qualifications ]
- Experience in (but not limited to) Technology, Media and Internet industries
- Bachelor degrees, preferably in Finance or Tax
- Certified Japanese Tax Accountant (Zeirishi) or JICPA holders, or candidates who have passed the core papers of the tests
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, a good team player
- Intellectual curiosity, honesty, and diligence
Up to 17M JPY Total Salary
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
- Current workstyle is 100% work-from-home due to the COVID-19 situation. There are still discussion about returning to the office once the situation stabilizes. However, they plan on maintaining a work-from-home and flextime system.
- Flextime is available, core hours are 11am-5pm.
- 30 hours of overtime is included, any hour beyond this amount is paid.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Accounting / Auditing, Finance , Information Technology