Primary job duties include a combination of:
- Providing Japanese income and indirect tax subject matter support to various business organizations.
- Providing end-to-end documented tax requirements (covering high level structuring through implementation) for projects and new business initiatives led by both local and international business teams relating to Japan.
- Actively participating in projects throughout their life-cycle from planning through delivery.
- Evaluate the tax effect and implications of Japanese business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals to advise management and colleagues on the tax implications.
- Work closely with tax business leaders to drive projects from a technical perspective.
- Analyze Japanese tax laws and apply them to various business proposals.
- Monitor industry positions relevant to Japanese business operations.
- Support the tax team with any tax audits as applicable.
- Tax return preparations such as consumption tax return with external firm
- Review of tax returns
Candidate should be able to work well with cross functional teams. The candidate must be able to communicate, written and verbal, complex tax concepts to non-tax professionals.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of international tax experience in a large corporate environment and/or public accounting or large law firm.
- Excellent communication skills in English to work with international colleagues (both written and oral)
- Previous experience relevant to the job duties stated herein.
- Work experience at a Big four is a plus.
- CPA or Licensed Tax Accountant is a plus.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Demonstrated ability to successfully contribute to complex, milestone driven projects - including the ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams.
- Expertise in Japanese tax laws with practical experience involving tax laws in jurisdictions outside of Japan.
- Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects, is organized, possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and is able to deliver on tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated, hard-working, and able to work in a fast-paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment.
- Able to clearly and concisely interface with management.
- Able to analyze and review statutes, regulations, and case law and then extract data to support recommended tax positions.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including persuasive written and oral communication skills.
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.