Global Pharmaceutical Company
The Supply Planning Manager is the key role for planning, controlling, and scheduling all activities supporting assigned product lines / families. The Supply Planning manager balances production and inventory levels with demand to support targets consistent with customer service levels, inventory turns.
The Supply Planning Manager develops feasible, 18-24 month rolling master plans for the replenishment of semi-finished goods/raw materials of each product and/or product family sourced from inter-company, as well as finished goods outsourced for manufacturing locally. He or she is responsible for determining time phased requirements for all purchased products.
The Supply Planning Manager leads all efforts to maintain systematic business rules relative to supply planning, address product availability issues, and ensure that long term supply constraint issues are resolved or escalated when appropriate.
- Develop feasible supply plans (18-24 months rolling) for finished goods, semi-finished goods and raw materials.
- Update the 18-24 month rolling supply plan on a monthly frequency with net change updates.
- Ensure that monthly forecasts from Demand Planning are fed into the ERP system and that supply plans (DRP) support the required customer service levels.
- Work closely with the Financial Planning (Demand Planning) team to ensure lead-time and production capacity requirements are considered when reviewing and approving all demands, including new product launches.
- Ensure that there is appropriate coordination and communicate of a rolling 18-24 month supply plan (DRP) to Global Operations outside the time-fenced planning period
- Track all supply planning and inventory status on a monthly basis, and report results monthly.
- Ensure that all planning parameters are reviewed and updated regularly, e.g. safety days, in-transit lead time, production lead time.
- Lead monthly planning meetings for the responsible product lines / families to reach consensus on schedules and plans over the planning horizon.
- Recommend changes to target inventories, turns and safety stocks when necessary to deliver required customer service levels. Recommend disposal of obsolete or expired inventories as appropriate.
- Participates in the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process as required and coordinates and leads operations planning meetings.
- Creates the Supply Plan by translating the demand forecast into an aggregated schedule for acquiring semi-finished goods and/or raw materials required for local manufacturing and primary /secondary over labeling
- Collaborates with Global Operations and/or Supply Chain Brand team to develop supply plans that will meet customer and business needs. Escalates supply constraints as needed and with appropriate lead time.
- Creates and maintains a rolling 18-24 month supply and inventory plan by family for review.
- Identifies and resolves conflicts with supply and demand, and availability of capacity.
New Product Launch (NPI)
- Manage multiple new products as assigned to effect development of supply chain strategy, launch management / execution and post-launch value chain management for multiple new products.
- Effectively communicate the status of NPI projects, issues, risks and opportunities for optimization.
- Support key Global / Area Operations review and Supply Chain risk management business processes while developing and communicating a holistic understanding of new branded product issues/opportunities.
- Phase out product identified and managed to plan to minimize obsolescence including finished goods, semi-finished goods and raw materials.
- Represent Supply Chain function in various recurring supplier or other product meetings.
Third Party Manufacture (TPM) Management
- Collaborate with TPM to ensure production plans established and potential risk to supply identified and mitigated.
- Understand supplier capabilities and potential risk and impact on supply chain and customers driving implementation of mitigation plans where needed.
- Collaborate with Financial Planning and Brand Team to influence launch or phase out plans to optimize revenue growth, cost, inventory, obsolescence, and speed to market highlighting trade-offs, cost/benefit analyses, and making recommendations.
- Ensure appropriate contingency plans established based on levels of risk
- Develop and manage a manufacturing readiness and supply chain project launch plan for each launch to ensure project stays on task and minimal surprises at time of market release.
Product Master Data Management
- Accountable for gathering information requirements and working with Global Supply Chain and/or Master Data team to define standards and rules to ensure master data integrity and are compliant with defined information and policies.
- Responsible for updating existing item master data in SAP, Master Data Management and manage all necessary changes/updates to item master data as required.
- Responsible to ensure data quality and quality Control (QC) processes.
- Monitor the workflow process for new item requests, changes, and deletions and entering data in SAP.
- Responsible for supporting vendor master data creation and maintenance in SAP. Includes vetting of current and potential Foss vendors as well as gathering required documentation and forms.
- B.A. or B.S. in business, engineering or supply chain management field.
- Must possess excellent English and Japanese communication and presentation skills.
- Minimum of 5 years production / planning / scheduling work experience in a supply chain related field or demonstrated skills, of which, 2 years of managerial experience is required.
- Previous working experience in Pharmaceutical Industry is essential
- APICS or other Supply Chain related Certification preferred.
- Strong ERP systems and computer software experience e.g. SAP, Oracle, Excel, Power Point, and Visio.
- Technical Skills:
- Production Planning: Creation and management of a feasible and balanced supply plan, in accordance with agreed service levels / days of supply for each customer appropriate raw material and component supply plans short, medium and long term production planning identified 'constraints' within the extended supply chain
- Supply & Demand Integration (S&OP):
- Proactive engagement in deep collaboration between plant, affiliate and key stakeholders through sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) processes, ensuring total Supply Chain is orientated towards the maximization of customer service at optimum cost.
- Inventory Principles & Management:
- Strategic and operational management of inventory and inventory policies, meeting operational and customer service targets whilst minimizing cost of working capital and potential obsolescence and redundancy.
- Leadership Skills:
- Possesses ability to collaborate widely across the local site, with affiliates and regional/ global teams. Must be able to build strong relationships, coach and influence peers and key stakeholders. Leads for change and embraces a continuous improvement philosophy and approach to work. (Influencing Others/ Change Leadership)
- Business/ Management Skills:
- Drives through the execution of the project plans/ key milestones with a close attention to the details and quality of output. Uses personal creativity and entrepreneurship to initiate projects, gain commitment and obtain the necessary support and resources to enable success.
- Process Management:
- Good at defining and creating the processes necessary to get things done, knows how to organize people and activities, understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow, knows what to measure and how to measure it, can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't, can simplify complex processes, gets more out of fewer resources. Looks for opportunities to create & share Best Practices.
- Problem Solving/ Root Cause Analysis:
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Probes all sources for answers. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
- Travel requirement:
- Some local and global travel required - typically not to exceed 10%.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.