Global Technology Company
The company has been doing business in Japan for more than 60 years, serving most of the largest companies in a wide range of industries. With ever expanding hardware and software solutions we are positioned to grow the business significantly.
The Japan Supply Chain Assistant Manager will be part of both Global and Japan Supply Chain organization, reporting to the Supply Chain Manager for Japan. This position is responsible for delivering the products, best practices and results in support of the overall our Growth Strategy.
This position should be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods.
The ideal candidate will have a strong supply chain background with a growth mindset and passion to build efficient standardized processes. The candidate must also be self-motivated, entrepreneurial and have strong execution capability being team player as well and enjoy working in a global, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Maintain smooth logistics operation domestically and internationally by managing purchase order, inventory control, delivery schedules, and 3PL vendors.
- Arrange the shipments for sales orders and stock transfer requirements.
- Monitor purchasing order execution status and goods arrival timing, expedite late delivery.
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders (Sales, Finance, Technical) and the warehouse Vendor to ensure necessary warehousing functions are carried out correctly.
- Control and reconcile inward and outward flow of stock while following trade compliance guidelines.
- Get involved in streamlining the operational work flow and developing the system.
- Get involved in the management of the day-to-day inventory function, including monitoring, tracking shipments, and completion of cycle analysis as well as ongoing system monitoring.
- Other duties instructed
Skills and Experiences required:
- 8+ years Business and Supply Chain work experience; warehouse, planning, logistics - air, sea and road freight, global and domestic transportation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, fluent in Japanese and business level of English (written and verbal)
- Understanding/Experience of Warehousing processes, procedure and internal controls.
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Problem solving skills to anticipate, identify and solve problems.
- Proficiency in ERP system, standard office software and database management.
Desired Personal Traits:
- Self-Starter: self-motivated, able to set priorities and work independently under general guidance.
- Effective communicator: willing to reach out, discuss and collaborate with key stakeholders, both independently and as a team in a matrix organization.
- Team-Oriented: team player dedicated to satisfying client requirements and expectations an deliver on them.
- Passionate: to build and apply standardized and consistent processes and framework
- Can-do-attitude: challenge with winning spirit, curious and driven to learn and understand how things work - keen sense of business and passion for professional development.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.