※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
Global Material Manufacturer
Supplier Quality Manager
Supplier Quality Managers are accountable for leading the quality management of critical materials and suppliers to the Semiconductor Materials business. This position interfaces closely with Quality Assurance/Control, Manufacturing, Product/Market Management, Engineering, Sourcing, and Supply Chain to manage supplier risk and monitor, correct, and prevent supplier performance issues.
This candidate will be responsible for the management of a subset of suppliers that support the Patterning manufacturing plants and their suppliers globally. You will be a key part of the larger Semiconductor Materials Global Supplier Quality Team. As the Patterning Supplier Quality Platform Lead, he/she will be responsible for leading a small team of Supplier Quality Engineers providing guidance and mentorship to his/her team members. This position is also responsible for providing day to day Supplier Quality Engineering support for a fast-paced manufacturing operation. This includes the evaluation of deviations / out of specification conditions, data trending, and leading quality investigations (root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action plans), perform statistical analysis and trending to assess and monitor product/process performance, provide guidance for the disposition of non-conforming product, lead and participate in the creation of risk assessments, training and developing of suppliers as needed. A key part of this position is the ability to work with and lead cross functional teams to collaboratively manage supplier changes, qualifications, CAPA plans, and development projects. This will include the need to create/revise standard operating procedures and other documents. This position will also lead supplier audit teams, technical supplier meetings, and routine SPC/SQC reviews with suppliers domestically and internationally as needed.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree
- Working knowledge of Electronic Quality Systems (CAPA, Change Control, Document Management)
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- B.S. in engineering or other technical disciplines preferred.
- 5+ years of Electronics experience in commercial, manufacturing, quality, or technical roles.
- ISO Lead Auditor Trained (such as ISO 9001-2015, ISO 140001, ISO/TS 16949)
- Experience in leading quality audits, from opening meetings to final reports.
- Demonstrated ability to create and update standard operating procedures ("SOP").
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate at all levels and functions of the organization.
- Previous experience communicating with suppliers and or customers.
- Experience in quality management systems including root cause analysis, metrology, SPC/SQC, and continuous improvement.
- Collaborative and motivated team player. Always looking to share and advance best practices.
- Experience with relevant data analysis software / tools (eq. Minitab or JMP)
- Willingness to travel 30% of your time and periodically work outside of conventional business hours to support a global business.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt a plus
- ASQ CQE a plus
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.