Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan.
Global Pharmaceutical Company
Capability Development & Execution
- Establish a structured Stakeholder Relationship Management program, partnering with key stakeholders across the company, to understand their needs and business objectives.
- Ensure a data-driven approach to sourcing, leveraging "decision-quality data" and high-quality analytics to deliver insights, capabilities and results.
- Develop and execute clear strategic sourcing and procurement strategies that support business requirements while appropriately managing quality, speed, cost, risk and ease-of-use.
- Be knowledgeable in market trends, benchmarks, and best practices across categories under management. Use this knowledge to optimize results and drive a high standard of excellence.
- Lead sourcing events and contract negotiations for the Commercial business as well as Medical and R&D requirements (incl APAC).
- Collaborate with Global Strategic Sourcing colleagues to ensure that sourcing activities are coordinated.
- Develop strong, trusted, analytically driven service delivery relationships, segmenting suppliers and implementing a structured Supplier Relationship Management program, as appropriate.
- Identify, develop, and manage strategic business relationships with key stakeholders (incl. Medical, R&D and G&A).
- Working with key business partners, establish a regular operational cadence with appropriate governance oversight to ensure optimal alignment in a quickly evolving business.
- Leverage both external and internal subject matter expertise and innovation to inform and optimize enterprise value creation.
- Foster a team culture rooted in subject matter expertise, partnership, collaboration, and focused service delivery, ultimately helping our stakeholders and patients to succeed.
- A strong understanding of broad Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, and related Source- to-Pay best practices.
- Nurture respect for others and a desire to work as a team. We win together.
- A passion for developing and nurturing staff to achieve their full potential.
- A minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in Category Management & Strategic Sourcing.
- Hands-on experience managing the assigned spend categories in a global environment.
- Experience in pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution on an international level considered a plus.
- Deep experience managing the marketing and sales categories with strong expertise across a broad range of contracting models, and experience partnering with primary internal stakeholders.
- You drive quantifiable results and set a high bar for yourself and others. You are a sourcing and procurement professional because love what you do, and it shows!
- Outstanding analytical skills-you convert data into decision-quality information, and use it strategically to drive successful outcomes
- A proven track record of creating sourcing strategies that deliver strong near- and long-term value creation.
- Exceptional negotiation skills-you are a tenacious problem-solver with a focus on building mutually beneficial relationships
- A strong understanding of Supplier Relationship Management best practices.
- Capable project management skills and an ability to manage a dynamic supplier/ project portfolio
- Strong influencing skills. In both verbal and written communications, you are outgoing, clear and concise, and seek to build relationships across a wide range of stakeholder audiences.
- A natural ability to be organized in how you think, communicate and conduct your work
- Capable project management skills and an ability to manage a dynamic project portfolio
- A 'digital first' mindset, creative in using IT solutions to drive efficiency and informational advantage wherever possible
- Curiosity that allows you to constantly learn and challenge the status quo
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree desirable but not required.
- Good professional maturity, strong commercially and demonstrated leadership skills
- Service oriented, ability to lead a team and have them follow a vision
- Adaptability to a multicultural environment, valuing diversity within a virtual global team environment
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.