Note: Fluent ~ Native level Japanese required
Foreign Financial IT Solutions company
Nature and aim of the position
The Strategic Planning & Operations Manager will work closely with the Country Leadership Team (e.g. CMD and Sales Director) to identify key strategic initiatives for the Country. This role will also be responsible for planning and managing the execution of the identified key strategic initiatives in the Country by working with the various Country and Regional Teams / Functions across Asia Pacific.
Main duties and responsibilities
Leadership of Key Strategic Initiatives
- Overall leadership of key strategic initiatives from project initiation (e.g. business case, planning, strategic analysis) to implementation (e.g. operational, go-live, commercial readiness).
Planning and Management of Key Strategic Initiatives
- Creates and executes initiative work plans and timelines and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and works with Local and Regional Leaders to assign the required resources and specific responsibilities across the Project Working Team.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of each initiative and project scope. Monitors project scope creep and re-scopes initiatives as and when necessary.
- Works closely with the various Teams in the APAC Region and Globally to meet agreed and critical milestones for initiatives.
- Follows best practices in relation to 'project management processes'.
Communication and Coordination related to Key Strategic Initiatives
- Effectively communicates relevant initiative information to different levels of stakeholders (e.g. steering committee, regional teams, local country management team, local operation/sales team).
- Communicates updates, issues, and opportunities on key strategic initiatives to the various stakeholders proactively to ensure all stakeholders are well informed and to ensure issues and opportunities are quickly addressed and resolved.
- Organises and leads regular status update and steering committee meetings with the Working Teams to ensure strong communication and coordination across all Team Members and to ensure strong progress in completing initiative deliverables.
- Prepares the required initiative documentation (e.g. initiative handbook, initiative plans, initiative reports).
- Keeps initiative status updated and published to all initiative stakeholders by using the appropriate tools. Related to this, prepares and drives regular status reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Works closely with Chief of Staff, APAC on delivery of key initiatives and reporting requirements including Executive Committee and Board reporting.
- Work closely with strong teamwork and collaboration across all Functions including, but not limited to, Global Sales Teams, Finance, Legal, Technology and HR to coordinate activities and to ensure strong delivery of initiatives.
- University degree or similar relevant experience
- MBA preferred but not required
- Consulting experience required
- Initiative Management Certification (PMI, IPMA) an added advantage
- Independent and self-motivating personality
- Persistence in following detailed and structured processes and procedures
- Fluent English language skills (oral & written) required
- Fluent in Japanese
- At least 10 years of working experience with minimum 3 years of practical experience in a Manager role
Specific skills and knowledge
- People management and team building ability
- Business acumen and strong leadership skills
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills across international teams, including experience working outside of Japan
- Excellent organizational, decision-making, problem solving skills and strategic mindset
- Work experience across various functional areas (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance)
- Work experience within an international/multicultural environment required
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.