※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
[Position] Sr. Manager, Strategic Insights & Analytics
[Salary] 9〜12 million JPY ※Experiences and skills will be considered
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager, Strategic Insights & Analytics for Japan Region. We are looking for a hardworking, strategic problem solver to drive effective business strategies and communications for Japan Vision Care business. This position plays a leading role in advising local management in the development and evaluation of new and existing business strategies and tactics and as a result, shares accountability for business success. He/she is expected to maximize use of data through a good balance of INSIGHTS + ANALYTICS to inform business decisions. The person will have key accountability to local management and will report functionally into the Global Head of Strategic Insights & Analytics (SI+A), based in overseas.
A 'strategic thought partner' to the Japan Leadership Team (JLT) and Global SI+A team, he/ she will be responsible for assessing and identifying consumer and professional engagement opportunities to accelerate sales and market share growth for Japan Vision Care business.
This role will require a high degree of eye for business, an intense appetite and skill for insights discovery and analytics techniques, empowering data-informed and insights-led culture across VC Japan.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in marketing, strategic insights, market research, business analytics, forecasting, finance or a related field is required
- Technical market research and analytical expertise and conversant in a range of quantitative and qualitative ad hoc research techniques and syndicated business analyses
- Experience with agile research methodology, data visualization and business analytics
- Proficiency in Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and PowerPoint, and basic knowledge of analytical tools (eg SPSS or SAS) and data visualization tools (eg Tableau) is required
- Ability to understand, translate and integrate multiple data sources into meaningful insights to drive in-house decision-making is required
- Ability to think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues and communicate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated success in creative problem solving and team partnership
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills - in Japanese and English
- Proven track record of working in a matrixed environment where a high degree of collaboration and influence is needed
- Strong people management experience, with an approach of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Strong project management skills are required
- Willingness to "have an opinion" backed up by insight and the confidence to influence business partners in meetings and one to one basis.
- Minimum education required for competent performance
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, statistics, mathematics, or related field;
- MBA or MS is strongly preferred
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Marketing