Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
Job Description Summary:
Global Professional Services Organization (GPS) delivers technical solutions, experience design, integration, and post-live technical services to drive product adoption and quality servicing to our customers. We are currently seeking a Senior Manager to lead Japan to join our Global Professional Services (GPS) team focusing on our Merchant Business. This role is based in our Tokyo office and requires ~10% travel when possible. As an outstanding customer facing technical leader you will lead GPS function in Japan. Forming partnerships with commercial and operational counterparts, you will have responsibility proactively driving best in class servicing and implementation of the platform to ensure world-class commerce experiences and fuel merchant growth. Together with your teams, you will ensure any production technical issues are resolved promptly. We are seeking a dynamic leader with fast innovative thinking skills, exceptional customer focus and a solid business acumen. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-learner, passionate about problem solving and dedicated to our merchant's success. Agility is a key attribute for the position and embodying a desire to be a Customer and Merchant Champion.
- Lead the GPS Japan group, forming strategies that champion integration and servicing but remaining sensitive to the broader Integration model. Build/hire and retain strong and innovative engineers in the team.
- Provide visible people leadership, promoting the succession and development of our best talent in line with its people values. Support Solution engineers, Integration engineers and Technical Account Managers issues escalation and clear roadblocks on their behalf.
- Target, track and report team performance. Use multiple sources of data to refine execution and resourcing plans to reflect business priorities. Ensure support contacts are resolved in accordance to service levels and commitments.
- Champion 'best in process' and efficiencies by challenging the status quo and introducing new and scalable approaches across the team.
- Develop strong working synergies across all functions, peers and stakeholders to champion, and drive, the merchant experience
- Significant experience of working in customer facing technical teams and partnering with a sales organization. Can demonstrate strength in driving business results through influence and motivating reports.
- Strong technical background with 7+ years of work experience in technical delivery / solutioning, product development or technical support roles.
- Fosters an environment that owns and solves complex technical challenges for the most important and demanding customer base.
- Proven ability to manage and influence stakeholders at multiple levels, across different functions and locations. Navigates organizational boundaries and cultures to execute for their customers.
- Customer focused and change agent with detailed understanding of how to inspire teams to create innovative, customer driven servicing solutions and the critical commercial value this provides.
- Passion to secure, retain and develop talent.
- Inspirational Coach. Willingness to share expertise and formally introduce new methodologies to drive efficiencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Japanese and English.
- Bachelor's with min 7+ years of relevant experience or Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in solution engineering or Technical management preferred.
- Expert with Web Services and experience in e-commerce software including shopping carts and related tools.
- Strong business acumen of payment processing and gateways is a plus
- Ability to work and collaborate in a global and remote environment