Global Entertainment Company
- Provide legal support as necessary for the expansion and growth of the company's businesses in Japan in general, and in particular with regard to issues impacting those businesses in the television, mobile and media distribution business segments.
- Contract drafting, review and interpretation.
- Preparation of memoranda and correspondence.
- Instruct, oversee and manage outside counsel.
- Negotiation with counterparties to agreements relating to company businesses in Japan.
- Advise and counsel the company business executives on legal and regulatory issues affecting the Japan market.
- Coordinate with other members of the company's Legal Department to provide legal support and advice to the company businesses in Japan.
- J.D., LL.B., LL.M., or equivalent
- Admitted to practice law in Japan or an English-speaking jurisdiction.
- Solid experience and understanding in issues concerning Japanese corporate/commercial law and Japanese intellectual property law, particularly copyright, trademark and unfair competition.
- A minimum of 8 years of legal experience in law firm or multinational corporate legal department, focused on corporate/commercial and IP practice.
- Native Japanese language and fluent English ability in negotiating, drafting, writing and reading.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Understanding of the legal and business customs and practices of a US-based multinational enterprise.
- Familiarity and experience with business practices of the Japanese entertainment industry.
14 Million yen ~ 20 Million yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.