Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Main responsibilities: (List 5 - 8 major accountabilities below)
This position reports to the Financial Controller of the subsidiary. It also requires a financial and accounting background with an understanding of accounting principles and regulatory reporting. An understanding of manufacturing process and accounting would be preferred.
(Analysis and review of internal controls, forecasting and variance analysis and preparation of information to senior management are important parts of this job.)
- Manage and supervise accounting staffs as required.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for reporting purposes to Japan, EMMC and Corporate management
- Prepare annual statutory financial statements and tax returns. Maintain good relations with tax authorities, banks and auditors.
- Take initiative to prepare rolling forecast - draw up the forecast and manage required budgetary control process. Make systematic check of all administrative issues (e.g. expenses, capital etc). Verify that all financial and economical performances are in line with forecast.
- Provide management with financial reports, forecasts and analysis to help achieve their goals and objectives
- Monitor company assets to proper use and accounting.
- Review and, as required, approve all monthly closing entries.
- Ensure that internal control requirements are followed, procedures are documented, and Sarbanes Oxley requirements are complied.
- Promote use of financial tools by management team including Cognos, Mfg Pro, Hyperion etc
- Interact with auditors as required and ensure meeting statutory reporting
- Proactively drive and promote lean activities in finance to improve the quality of work