Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Global Medical Device Company
As Sr. Sourcing Specialist, you will partner with local stakeholders in Japan and Korea (and potentially those in APAC and other regions) , shape and implement category strategies that support optimal processes, cost and controls in response to the evolving requirements in indirect spend categories.
A Day in the life:
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with key stakeholders. Understands their needs and business objectives. Primary areas of focus will be to manage and support various initiatives in Supply Chain/Logistics and Corporate Services, which may shift over time.
- Provides project management and sourcing expertise to cross-functional, cross-divisional commodity teams.
- Facilitates these teams in the development and execution of short and long-term strategies that will optimize our position in terms of quality, cycle/response time, technology, risk, and total cost.
- Ensures a data-driven approach to sourcing. Provides analytics to deliver insight and drive sound decisions.
- Mitigates risk, leverages technology and purchase power, improves processes and systems, and reduces overall cost of ownership.
- Leads sourcing events. Negotiates, establishes and monitors supplier agreements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Language proficiency in both oral and written communications - Native level Japanese and business level English
- Experience in SAP and Ariba, or any equivalent source-to-pay tools
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- 10+ years of experience in leading projects
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Supply Chain/Logistics category
- Procurement, strategic sourcing, and/or category management experience with indirect commodities - Supply Chain/Logistics, Marketing, IT, Corporate or Professional Services categories sourcing experience preferred
- Hands-on experience (=doers) managing the assigned spend and projects
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders
- Agility to take on different category spend ownership as focus may shift
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative, team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to work across countries/regions
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.