Global data storage company
Solutions Architect will be a key member of the Professional Services Team. He/she will be responsible for working on key implementation, migration and delivery related customer engagements for local Japanese customers.
- Provides proactive recommendations to the customer for improving their use of our storage solutions to help maximize their satisfaction with us. Actively contributes to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of our products.
- Technical knowledge on various Storage products
- Good understanding on IT Operations, ITIL Processes, Policies, and Compliance with exposure and familiarity on a Shared Services type of operations on both regional and global infrastructure.
- Experience in managing storage migration technology.
- Participates in the design and operational execution of the customer's disaster recovery process as required. Performs necessary storage infrastructure maintenance and necessary data migration, as required. Provides assistance to our technical teams in the development of custom solutions and implementation preparation.
- Responsible for performing daily operational tasks and maintaining availability at the customer site(s). Provisions solutions based on standardized procedures as outlined by our best practice documentation.
- Installs our software products in a Mainframe and/or Open Systems hardware environment. Performs complex and/or extended-stay software implementations per the specifications in the Statement of Work, Scope document, Architecture Design Document or Project Manager direction.
- Manager relationship with Customers utilizing negotiation and influencing skills to acquire the internal and external resources necessary for optimal results.
- Seeks advice or assistance from management and/or Technical Support as required during difficult customer situations. Works in conjunction with colleagues to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementations.
- Represents the company in a professional manner to customers, Partners and other personnel at all times. May be required to support and train both customers and less experienced co-workers.
- Level 2 or Level 3 System Administration in Unix flavors such as Solaris or HPUX or AIX or Linux Redhat.
- Preference to have worked on Windows Server Environment.
- Data Migration skill set using host based utilities such as LVM Mirroring, VxVM Mirroring and etc.
- Knowledge in SAN/EMC Products is advantageous.
- Knowledge in VMWare/Virtualization is nice to have
- Native Japanese
6 million yen 〜 12.6 million yen
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.