Global Game Company
As the Social Media Manager, you will create the comprehensive strategy of communication and engagement with players of our online game and prospects on social networks like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or LINE. You will be responsible for increasing the fan base, building the brand, fostering positive climate/buzz/hype, and establishing a feedback loop with players via social networking. You'll be continuously tracking and measuring social engagement data to better optimize your strategy while learning more about the world players live in and the core gamer's digital community.
You'll join a smaller team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Player Support, Community and Marketing, we are dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Japanese players they aren't lost in translation.
- Build comprehensive social media strategy across multi-social media networks by supporting ATL execution and driving positive engagement
- Execute creative social campaigns across a variety of social media platforms
- Work closely with Brand Marketing, Comms, and the rest of Publishing to drive integrated communication
- Grow awareness for and reinforce the legitimacy of our product
- Track and measure social engagement data to continuously optimize the overall social media strategy and gauge the health of social programs
- Realize net-positive vs. negative comments on the internet
- A Marketing Expert: you've used social media as a marketing tool, whether managing a brand or fostering community collaboration; you hone a professional marketing background in Japan for 8 years or relative experience
- A Social Media Beacon: you've had experience posting on all sorts of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LINE and the forums; you're drawn to the unique two-way conversations social media encourages and are passionate about engaging with a robust community of players
- A Player Engager: you're a hardcore gamer and identify with the audience, that's why you're great at hooking player attention and keeping them enthused for more what we have planned
- A Thoughtful Problem Solver: whether out in the community or in a meeting room, you enjoy the challenges of complex real world player pain points and use your marketing skills and social media knowledge in identifying the most elegant if not witty solution to solve them
- Collaborative: you know not to dive in solo against your challenges, and that involving team members and working smart in a cross matrix organization will help you leverage obstacles and help you scale far beyond the limits of a single person
- Multilingual: you're fluent in English and Japanese; you didn't learn these languages in a cultural vacuum and can pick up nuances that could mean the difference between pleasing someone and offending them
- Language: Native/Fluent Japanese, Business English
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.