Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
This position is responsible for performing the day-to-day general accounting
tasks in an assigned area and assisting group reporting and financial analysis
1. Journal Entry Input & Payment: Ensure proper booking based on tax and accounting
guidelines in the assigned area (e.g., T&E, Duty & Excise Tax, Marketing A&P, general
expenses). Maintain an awareness of the internal purchasing policy to ensure the
purchasing departments comply with the rules. When required, provide payment
statements to customers in an efficient manger.
2. Fixed Asset Management: Maintain the Fixed asset register using software (shokyaku
bugyo). In coordination with each department in charge of Fixed Assets, conduct fixed
asset counting as necessary. Prepare and file Property tax in time.
3. Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly Closing: Make closing entries in accordance with GAAP
(prepaid/accruals/tax) in the area assigned.
4. System Development: Understand and comply with work processes and systems
(JDE/Sales Force.com, etc.) related to the tasks assigned. Articulate issues when
identified to Accounting Manager for improvement. Proactively involve in a system
development project with Accounting Supervisor to enhance operational efficiencies.
5. General Accounting: Judge the best accounting treatment for any business transaction
referring to the accounting guidelines and the other internal policies and clearly explain
a rationale to non-accounting stakeholders.
6. Tax Filing: Complete tax filing without delay under the supervision of Accounting
Manger. (Corporate tax, consumption tax, and business office tax, etc). Maintain
detailed and up to date knowledge of tax reforms, and alert the changes if any potential
risk to the business is identified.
7. Intercompany Reconciliation: In accordance with group instruction, complete
reconciliation in time within the threshold. Proactively communicate the internal
stakeholders to prevent non-reconciled transaction as much as possible.
Conduct monthly intercompany payment via the group netting system.
8. Team Development: Assist Accounting Manager in the area of Team Development to
ensure robust and stable accounting operations are delivered at all times. Support
junior members obtain the necessary knowledge and skills required to perform his/her
Background & Experience：
- 4-year university graduate or above
- At least 3-5 years' relevant experience in a commercial company as Accountant in more
than two areas of financial accounting. Experience in international companies is a plus.
Key Competencies & Skills：
- Japanese book-keeping certificate 2nd level or equivalent (Nissho Boki)
- Good understanding of Cashflow statement, BS and PL
- Excellent command of Excel and ERP environment
- Understanding Japanese Accounting Standards and Tax Laws
- Able to interact and communicate well with peers and line managers, and non
- Self starter, proactive and naturally curious
- Flexible working attitude to work on a dynamic/fast moving company environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills in English is a plus
Accounting Supervisor, Financial Business Analyst in the mid-term, Accounting Manger in the long-term
Flex - Core time: 11:00 - 14:00