Global Cloud Platform Company
- Build and maintain services, automation, and tooling that will positively impact key areas with our team, be responsible for the systems you build.
- Drive continuous improvement by measuring and reducing the amount of manual operational work.
- Help us measure and improve reliability and performance across the product line by working with product owners and engineering teams.
- Make wise decisions balancing availability and delivery, and communicating those decisions clearly.
- Work with engineering teams as a subject matter expert on operating software and systems at scale, teaching them from your experience or know-how, and helping them reach their goals.
- Investigate system performance, errors, and problems.
- A minimum of 5+ years relevant working experience.
- Experience building and maintaining software addressing key SRE areas of responsibility
- Strong Software Engineering experience, with an ability to work in multiple programming languages.
- Experience with Distributed Systems and operating them as they scale.
- Experience operating services running in the cloud (AWS primarily) or virtualized API-driven platforms.
- Articulate and personable with strong spoken and written English language abilities.
- Knowledge and experience in Systems Engineering, Administration, and Operations.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a specialized team.
- Ability slow down and communicate clearly and effectively across language barriers.
Welcome skills and experience
- Have experience automating datastore operations or datastores as a service.
- Crafted APIs and specifications that allow for future non-breaking changes while remaining backwards compatible for as long as possible.
- Had experience analyzing system-wide performance: latency, throughput, and efficiency.
- A student of complex systems theory and how to build resilient and adaptive systems.
- Able to build services backed by BLOB, relational, and/or document data stores, currently: S3, PostgreSQL, and DynamoDB.
- Have experience working as part of a distributed or partially distributed team and thrive in an a highly collaborative and communicative work environment.
- Pride yourself on giving back to your community: open source contributions, speaking, teaching, mentoring, or helping others.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.