Note: Applicants must have permission to work in japan
Major pharmaceutical company
- Develop and propose long and short-term plans to improve Procurement processes in order to enhance the overall performance of the Site. Provide leadership in the implementation of new processes.
- Implement Global Procurement processes, policies, guidelines, strategies locally and ensure compliance.
- Managing interfaces between Procurement and the Site, balancing the expectations of both Procurement and Site stakeholders. Understanding different perspectives and satisfying the needs and expectations of all stakeholders, both within Procurement and the Site.
- Ensure the Site requirements are taking into account within the definition and implementation of Global Category strategies. Development and robust implementation of Procurement strategies for local categories of spend that clearly meet business requirements.
- Lead the Procurement function at Site (Directs, Manufacturing Indirects and Capex).
- Develop and manage the Site supply base to meet the company's requirements: assurance of supply, quality, regulatory, service, cost, and innovation to control costs in a fast-moving environment. Adapt and respond to regularly changing business requirements.
- Manage the development of a long-term vision for all local purchasing categories to support the company's growth. Ensure the approval of this long-term vision by local key stakeholders.
- For specific Categories, actively negotiate contracts.
- Reduce the Directs, Manufacturing Indirects and Capex costs of the site. Support the reduction of end-to-end total costs of the Site.
- Influence the balance sheet of the Site through development and robust implementation of best Procurement practices.
- Balancing both strategic and operational requirements. Any interruption of supply results in immediate and extended impact on our revenue stream.
- Co-ordinate support from multiple Category teams and working within a matrix organisation. Manage relationships with other Procurement staff remotely.
- Secure the supply chain through integrating a risk management approach as a foundation of Procurement mission. Evaluate and mitigate risk associated with long standing local suppliers and single sourcing.
- Responsible to select, train, supervise, develop and evaluate local buyers. Lead and motivate team members towards the pursuit of operational excellence and attainment of best practices. In addition, promote empowerment and process owners
- 3-5 years of operational Procurement experience across multiple categories of spend and some experience of regulated environments
- Good understanding of Procurement tools such as sourcing, quotation analysis, contract negotiation, supplier review, supplier development and others
- Good Ability to motivate and inspire colleagues, and work in partnership with others to drive, implement and support change
- Good ability to manage sensitive partnerships, strong influencing and stakeholder partnering skills coupled with excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - fluent English.
- Good knowledge of finance (cost benchmark & financial audit with key supplier) and legal matters (contracting)
- Experience on Risk management
- Japanese Speaking/Reading skills
- Ability convert to action
- Stakeholder and team communication
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a matrix business environment
- Ability to work in high pressure environment, often under tight deadlines
- Good financial acumen
- Good acumen of corporate business norms and requirements needed; broad understanding of Procurement activities needed; ability to adapt quickly to new topics and responsibilities
- Good understanding of external environment & supplier relationship models.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills across internal teams and external suppliers globally
- Demonstrated success in leading and improving outsourced services and projects to meet and improve the needs of business.
- Ability to operate and influence across all business units and across multiple disciplines
- Specialised Master's in Procurement/ Supply Chain or MBA
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.