Global Solar Power Company
The Senior Project Manager will oversee and manage the permitting, contracting, engineering, procuring, constructing, commissioning, and operating of solar PV plants typically from 10 to 45MWp in different prefectures in Japan. Critical to success in the role will be establishing and maintaining productive and collaborative relationships with EPC and O&M contractors, representatives of the grid operators and governmental entities, internal stakeholders, as well as various service providers. Frequent travel to the projects will be required.
We offer the successful candidate a challenging and varied position with the rapidly growing PV industry along with on-the-job knowledge transfer through highly experienced Japanese and international colleagues.
The successful candidate will work in parallel on two to three solar PV plant projects taking overall responsibility for activities throughout the lifecycle of the plant, including development, engineering, construction, and operation. Responsibilities include:
- Manage or support the permitting and approval process for assigned projects
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders （includes landowners, associations, government officers, EPC contractors, O&M service providers and others）
- Support negotiation of EPC, O&M and related contracts and monitor contractual obligations
- Facilitate review and approval of engineering deliverables
- Supervise and report on construction status and witness testing and commissioning protocols
- Approve contractor requests for payments, schedule updates, and contract changes
- Review and approve contractor documentation for the completed plants
- Monitor, analyze, and report regularly on plant performance and incidents during operation
- Identify and analyze plant issues and improvement opportunities, develop and drive actions
- Manage O&M service providers and enforce warranties and penalties
- Ensure insurance policies are implemented and maintained and claims are properly managed
- Ensure timely reporting per requirements, including from government, utilities, and lenders
- Conduct monthly visits to plants and complete site visit reports
- Manage timely completion of assigned tasks and follow company document control procedures
- Ensure cross-functional teams are informed in a timely manner of all project information necessary for them to effectively perform their duties
- Retain all project-related documentation in an organized manner per company procedures
Additional or modified responsibilities may be assigned based on need.
- Professional experience in project and asset management
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal English and Japanese
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project
- Able to manage, control and deliver against multiple projects and work requests and changing deadlines in an entrepreneurial environment
- Successful track record of negotiating with external parties
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proactive relationship builder with an open and honest communication style
- Successful track record of working in multi-national teams
［Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities］
- Solar PV plant or related experience, ideally as a project or asset manager
- Professional experience in the power or construction sectors
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or PVSyst
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.