Global IT Service Company
- Processes and completes moderately complex Statement of Work and Contracts; determines prices from available vendors which meet cost and quality guidelines.
- Maintains approved supplier/vendor database. Monitors supplier/vendor performance through the administration of supplier/vendor measurement programs; makes recommendations for additions to and deletions from the supplier/vendor database as appropriate.
- Conducts complex negotiations with suppliers to obtain products at the best quantity and cost in order to ensure end-users needs are met; negotiates delivery, terms and conditions, and pricing. Identifies future procurement opportunities to further procurement strategies.
- Coordinates with accounts payable to resolve any credit holds or complex pricing problems in order to ensure prompt payment and avoid delays to end user; coordinates with receiving departments to resolve receipt problems promptly so as to not cause any delay to end users.
- Solicits suppliers/vendors for materials/products/services through formal Requests for Services (FRS) and/or Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and informal channels. Conducts complex negotiations on terms favorable considering quality, delivery, and prices; receives and evaluates proposals, quotations, and bids for acquisitions. Recommends alternative courses of action as needed to meet needs.
- Maintains communication with suppliers during course of procurement action in order to ensure timely delivery in compliance with the requirements of the procurement document. Assists in establishing relationships with new suppliers and develops new supply sources.
- Plans and coordinates the procurement of materials, products/services and equipment necessary for the operation of the business unit or assigned projects. Ensures suppliers/vendors adherence to industry standards, technical quality standards, and other corporate/business unit driven expectations.
- Analyzes bids for specification compliance, prices, delivery commitments and past performance; utilizes online systems as a resource for procurement.
- Assists in implementing guidelines or standards from which vendors should be selected.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, purchase management or related field preferred
- Six or more years of experience in purchasing management
- Experience working with procurement practices
- Experience working with contracts including request for proposals (RFP) and request for information (RFI)
- Experience working with products and services within related market
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Negotiating skills to interact with vendors
- Ability maintain formal and informal networks
- Ability to understand financial analysis and implications with regard to contracts and suppliers
8 Million Yen ~ 12 Million Yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.