Global Chemical Company
- The role of the senior mechanical engineer is primarily to provide safe and proper maintenance of our plant. Duties will include providing process / personnel safety and excellence in maintenance of static / mechanical equipment
The senior mechanical engineer plays a role under supervision of Maintenance supervisor. Included, but not inclusive of all activities, in the roles and responsibilities of the senior mechanical engineer are:
- Planning and control of maintenance on static / mechanical equipment upon legal regulatory requirements and corporate policy; Pipes, Heat insulations, Pipe racks, Coatings, Blowers, Screw feeders, Filters, Furnace, Compressors, Incinerators, Mixers, Pumps, Vessels, Centrifuges, Screens, Tanks, Heat exchangers, Valves, Relief valves, Contact with vendors / contractors.
- Preparation for constructions on static / mechanical equipment upon request; Designing, Drawing, Welding, Metallic processing, Nondestructive inspections, Installations, Applications for Legal regulatory authorities, Contact with vendors / contractors.
- Getting quotations under supervision of the maintenance supervisor.
- Creating purchase requisitions with SAP for approved items and placing purchase orders to designated contractors.
- Preparation for construction; Checking / controlling work schedules with both internal organization and contractors, Safety guidance / precautions to contractors, Getting work permissions before constructions.
- Supervision of vendors / contractors in construction / installation.
- Invoice check.
- Budget control for the responsible area.
- Maintain the plant in conformance with Legal regulations, Company standards, ISO-quality management system, ISO-Environmental management system and OHSAS.
- It is desirable for the senior mechanical engineer to have prior work experience at least for 10 years of maintenance in static / mechanical equipment in chemical plant or related field. The engineer is expected to well understand the procedures for general practice in maintenance of chemical plant, in conformance with Japanese legal regulatory requirements, especially on High pressure gas safety act and fire service act.
- Technical Skills
- The engineer should have good skills related to math, maintenance of static / mechanical equipment. The engineer must have the tenacity to follow through on planned activities. The engineer should be able to assimilate and apply, in a timely manner, new job-related information that may vary in complexity.
- Computer Skills
- The engineer must have necessary computer skills in general office work and CAD. The engineer must be willing to learn the necessary computer skills to e-mailing and reporting.
- Language Skill
- Fluency, both written and verbal, in Japanese and preferably English
- Communication Skills
- The engineer must be effective with both written and oral communications. The engineer must be able to provide clear, written reports of activities related to the assigned work. The engineer must have good interpersonal skills with both in-house staffs and contractors and has ability to work as a team.
- High school graduate or higher, mechanical or electrical related background
- Prior work experience at least for 10 years in the mechanical maintenance in chemical plant or related field
- A general understanding of static / mechanical equipment and its maintenance.
- Willingness to attend and successfully complete training as required
- Ability with computer applications and software in general and especially CAD
- Hazardous materials engineer, Class B, Type 2 and Type 4, or Class A (Fire Service Act)
- High pressure gas production safety manager, Class B or higher (HP Gas Safety Act)
- Boiler operator, Class 2 or higher (Industrial Safety and Health Act)
- Boiler maintenance technician (Industrial Safety and Health Act)
- Industrial Safety and Health Act related skills
- Completed the skill training course for
- Forklift operation
- Operations chief of oxygen deficient / hydrogen sulfide danger
- Operations chief of assembling scaffolding
- Gas welding
- Slinging operation
- Operation of small sized mobile crane (1t to 5t)
- Operation of vehicle for work at height
- Completed the special education for Crane operation (<5t)
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.