Global e-commerce company
- Management of resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a top engineering team (Software Engineers, Software Engineer in Test, Technical Program Manager)
- Responsible for the overall systems development lifecycle
- Help define the long-term strategy and translate that into an achievable roadmap
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Work closely with the engineers in Japan and our global partners to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to senior management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline with 10 years experience
- 5+ years of industry experience as a software developer, ideally writing large scale systems
- 5+ years of experience as a people manager
- Business Japanese and Fluent English
- Experience owning and operating business critical applications and services and the ability to articulate operational health in terms of relevant KPIs and mechanisms for improvement
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, agile methodologies, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
18 Million yen ~ 25 Million yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.