Globally Leading Electronics Company
The Senior Manager, Controlling will oversee finance and accounting for the Division reporting into the Country Controller for Japan. He/She provides support to the Country Controller regarding financial management, business partnering as well as implement activities relating to corporate/division policy. This individual will provide business partnering and council to the GM, facilitating discussion and analysis for data driven decision making.
- Oversee all finance and accounting related activities for the SBU in Japan.
- Oversee compliance & control process (Audit - SOX, monthly/Quarterly Audit packs, BS account reconciliation and reviews).
- Leads and is responsible for financial models, forecasts, budgets, financial analysis and financial statements for the SBU.
- Partner with the SBU GM to develop sound strategies and tactical execution to meet and exceed growth & profit metrics.
- Partner with business leaders and develop reports to enhance transparency and decision making.
- Trains and is the point-of-contact for business compliance training, policy and rules related to the SBU in Japan.
- Reviews and recommends based on variance and trends ways to improve business results.
- Ownership of various time sensitive country and SBU reports.
- Implements Company policies and procedures related to financial activities.
- Perform due diligence into specific line items to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Ensuring procedures & controls are appropriate and functioning to produce reliable, accurate, and timely financial results.
- Own the monthly accounting close and reporting process, insuring reports are timely, accurate, and understood.
- Undertakes special studies and investigations as requested by senior management or those that are self-directed.
- Assures company is in compliance with accounting pronouncements and governmental requirements.
- Reviews monthly, quarterly, and annual account and cost center analysis for all accounts.
- Coordinates monthly variance analysis process.
- Lead, manage and mentor a team.
- Tracks and reports on key financial activities to the Country Controller.
- Enhance and maintain planning and budgeting systems/processes.
- May lead designated projects to improve operation and productivity in the SBU.
- Bachelor's Degree Required; prefer degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration; MBA preferred.
- Must have FP&A and financial modeling experience including budgeting, forecasting and profitability analysis.
- At least 10 years of finance and accounting work experience; must have supervisory experience.
- Must have experience and knowledge of SAP; experience with BPC preferred.
- Knowledge and work experience based on both IFRS and Japanese GAAP.
- Charter Accountant, CPA or Book Keeping test (Level 1) preferred.
- Work experience in globally operated company (e.g. Japan based foreign company).
- Bilingual (Japanese native & business level English) in speaking, reading and writing.
- Strong computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc).
- Knowledge of accounting terminology and definitions.
- Prior experience with internal audit preferred.
- Must have displayed timely and accurate work.
- Understanding and working in past organizations having centralized and de-centralized structures
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and perform effectively in a fast-paced matrix environment
- Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
- Proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrix organization
- Strong analytical skills and proactive communication
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and balance workload to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking and strong follow through required
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.