[Position] Senior Manager, Business Planning and Analysis
[Salary] 11.2 ~ 14.5 million base JPY
Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Multinational Retail Company
[ Key Responsibilities ]
- Establish and improve integrated business and financial planning processes, tools, metrics, and reporting.
- Establish and improve commercial planning processes, tools, metric and reporting.
- Establish and improve operational (CCC & DC) planning processes, tools, metrics and reporting.
- Govern and manage data including taxonomy, data access, retention, quality, and data standards to enable accurate and consistent metrics.
- Maximize the value of globalization
- Play the leadership role and demonstrate as constructive influencer and as one of the leaders in Japan Finance.
- Develop team and their capabilities, especially around business partnering capability, which BP&A business partners should lead and support strategy building, execution, evaluation and decision-making of company management and counterpart Divisions by our strategic insights, analytics and financial knowledge & skills with accurate and timely financial reporting.
The above are measured by:
- Japan Market Achievement of Financial Objectives (Net Rev, EBITDA, Cash Flow)
- Planning Accuracy (Budget, Outlook)
- Analytical recommendations to maximize opportunities.
- Creation/implementation of standard and consistent metrics resulting in operational efficiencies.
- Achieve Associate experience targets.
- Quality in talents of Japan BP&A group.
[ Key Accountabilities ]
Create integrated business and financial plans and actual analysis that accurately reflect financial and business status that enable Enterprise, Function, and Market level business decisions.
- Creation of P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash flow Budgets, Forecasts, and Actuals analysis
- Management Reporting
- Identify Risk and Opportunities, provide "What If" scenarios
Provide Strategic partnership and actionable business insights for counterpart departments.
- Strategic partnership in identifying value driving opportunities (What if, Benchmark, Trends)
- Developing financial goals/guidance (as appropriate)
- Consolidation and Analysis of Enterprise wide financial and operating metrics
- Portfolio project financial support
Develop team and their capabilities, especially around business partnering capability.
[ Critical Skills/Knowledge ]
- Fluency in Japanese and business level English.
- Ability to influence decision making without authority.
- High level of problem solving skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Exceptional analytical and technical skills.
- Ability to work independently and interface with multiple management levels and multiple areas of the company across the globe.
- Solid understanding of Impact of B/S and P&L metrics on business decisions.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong Prioritization skills and ability to manage ambiguity.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills with partnering and positive mindset and influence.
- Strong people development skills and experiences.
[ Qualifications & Experience ]
- BS in Finance, Business, Accounting, Merchandising or a related field. MBA Preferred.
- 6+ years of managerial experience of directly leading a team in financial analysis, merchandising/merchandise financial planning, reporting and analysis, consolidations or related experience
Up to 15M JPY Total Salary
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
#LI-REMOTE, FLEX TIME SYSTEM
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Finance, Analyst, Business Development