Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan.
Global Apparel Brand Company
- Maintain morale and encourage collaboration among members.
- Motivate and energize team members to perform at their best.
- Develop capabilities and talents of team members
- Go-to person to research and respond US GAAP, J-GAAP, J-Tax and Company Policy over accounting and compliance matters.
- Go-to person for Regional and Global queries about Japan accounting, tax and reporting matters.
- Expert in the company's financial reporting systems, chart of accounts and reporting structure.
The Senior Manager provides tactical direction, executes against annual goals and provides day-to-day leadership over the following areas:
- Timely and accurate financial close and reporting deliverables: GL Close, account reconciliations, corporate submission in HFM, and Financial Reporting package.
- Timely, accurate and compliant statutory/tax filings
- Proper accounting treatment for new transactions.
- Periodic analysis of ongoing accounting treatment: asset impairment, useful life, ARO, sales reserves, inventory reserves and other areas in which business change may affect accounting treatment.
- Manage lease accounting under ASC 842
- Cash flow forecasting and cash management.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance
- CPA strongly preferred , audit firm experience preferred
- 7 to 1 0 years of experience in a commercial firm required, audit firm experience a plus.
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP, J GAAP, Tax
- Business level fluency in English language
- Proficiency in Excel and Access and aptitude for working with financial systems (Microsoft AX, Hyperion Essbase, HFM)
- Ambition and potential to take on greater responsibility
- Takes a positive approach to developing, motivating and empowering team members.
- Asks questions and challenges the status quo in a positive manner
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new projects and to readjust as conditions change.
- Prioritizes and ma n ages time effectively in a fast paced ,deadline driven environment.
- Understand the big picture but master the details
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.