Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan.
Responsibilities & duties:
- Preparation of a range of corporate finance planning deliverables for Senior Management, including:
- Supporting near term and long term P&L forecasts
- Monthly variance explanations
- Developing insightful presentations that summarize this data and facilitate decision making for Senior Management.
- Investment opportunity appraisal and scenario analysis and other ad-hoc analyses as required
- Support Finance Director in planning and execution of annual plan process
- Maintain FP&A planning systems (Oracle Hyperion and PBCS)
- Financial dashboard management (Revenue, ROI on marketing spend, KPIs)
- Work with product, marketing, and engineering teams to understand business dynamics and help leaders make better decisions
- Build and operate models to accurately forecast business metrics and financialsAnalyze business trends and data to uncover growth opportunities
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual presentations for senior management
- Develop ad hoc financial analysis to evaluate business decisions
- At least 3 years prior experience in corporate financial planning and analysis or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably Business, Economics, or Mathematics
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Excellent communicator in both oral and written settings. Business level English and Japanese.
- Highly proficient in Excel with experience managing large data sets. Hyperion and/or PBCS experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle several projects and requests with exceptional time management skills
- Must be an excellent business partner with solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Self-driven, independent thinker who is resourceful and flexible.
- Strong work ethic and relentless attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing, entrepreneurial environment
- Independence & being able to take ownership of their own work (to be able to handling things by themselves rather than asking ample questions to the Head of Accounting / Finance Director about what to do, although of course both of them will be there for any support)
- Being fond of creating something from scratch and to be able to state their opinion well to others
- Somebody who is fond of technology, and who is able to interact with individuals who are young (the average age of the firm is approximately 32 years old, although they are not biased about age), and also have vitality, passion and energy towards this type of technology
- Somebody who is not afraid to do new things