Note: Applicants must have permission to work in japan
Senior E-Commerce Product Manager
Global EC Company
We are looking for a Senior E-Commerce System Product Manager with a proven track record of driving innovations to optimize customer and vendor experiences within the dynamic e-commerce space. In this role, you will have end-to-end ownership of products & programs that automate & scale retail functions, bring intense focus on improving vendor experiences across retail, and lead new initiatives that drive long term growth. You will work with business and technical teams both in Japan and around the world. In this role, you will create a strategic vision to drive the improvement of the worldwide Vendor experience across their interactions, identify unique challenges for these Selling Partners, and build programs and products to optimize vendor engagement. You will work closely with our stakeholder teams (ex. product, technology, vendor support, and operations teams) to understand the planning needs of vendors who sell domestically and globally. To be successful in this role you will need to be an innovator, communicator, influencer, problem solver, and strong at execution. You will need to be highly analytical, think and act fast, and be apt at finding creative solutions to complex problems all to drive large scale impact. Specifically, this leader will be responsible for:
- Creating the strategic vision, roadmap, requirements, and execution plan to build an end-to-end system facilitating joint business planning between the Japan team and our vendors.
- Creating mechanisms to drive improvements across multiple teams to optimize Retail productivity & capabilities and optimize vendor experience.
- Preparing strategic recommendations, product roadmaps, and program updates to senior leadership.
This role is highly cross-functional and highly visible with senior leadership. You will lead and provide visibility on company-wide goals. You must not only be able to develop and drive a high-level strategic initiative, but you must also be willing to roll up your sleeves and dig into daily and operational challenges that impede your programs' success. The right candidate will possess a strong obsession for customer experience, product and large-scale program management background, effective executive stakeholder management, and a track record for delivering results. This person will have solved complicated problems with elegant, simple solutions in their past work experience. He/she must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of product/program management experience in end-to-end development of large scale, complex, and globally scalable products for e-commerce.
- 5+ years of experience leading product, technical, business teams driving cross-functional impact across multiple geographies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and manage relationships with senior leadership and stakeholders to drive results.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Possess excellent judgment and strong attention to detail, problem solving, and a data-driven analytical approach.
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree in Business, Operations Management, Engineering, or equivalent experience in management consulting
- Experience in B2B e-commerce industry, working with vendor, seller, and account management systems and automation
- A solid grasp of the business side of technology and operations with an understanding of metrics and analysis to deliver on business objectives.
- Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
- Experience working with and effectively influencing remote international teams.
- Business level fluency in written and spoken Japanese.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.