Global Retail Company
The Senior Director, Internal Audit - Company will drive strategy and overall direction for the audit team within company. He/she will be responsible for the development, execution and overall integrity of the audit plan for the company. This position reports directly to both the CFO, Company and Vice President, Company Global Audit. He/She will ensure that the internal audit function provides an independent assessment of the adequacy of company's internal systems and controls, including the systems for appropriate identification and evaluation of risk and for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. He/She will also draw any weaknesses or shortcomings noted to the attention of management for follow up and closure.
- Mitigating business risks for company's operating divisions, by collaborating with Executive Management, aligning audit plans to business needs and risk areas, identifying and facilitating corrective actions and ensuring audit projects meet executive expectations.
- Apply a risk-based approach to the review of the systems and controls of company through the development of an annual program of audit review work.
- Guide the support of business initiatives by adapting audit strategy and collaborating with business unit executives on successful implementation of project recommendations.
- Plan and conduct audits to assess controls, operational and technical efficiencies and compliance with policies, procedures and regulations.
- Discuss the findings of audit reviews with management on a constructive basis to develop the most appropriate, proportionate solutions to issues arising.
- Identify instances of over and under control and provide management with a clear articulation of residual risks where existing controls are inadequate.
- Report results of audit reviews, including management responses and proposed action plans to address issues arising, to the Executive Committee and Company Senior Leadership.
- Perform ad hoc investigations and reviews at the request of the Executive Committee.
- Champion best practice in governance, objectively assess the adequacy of governance systems and management of existing risks, comment on responses to emerging risks and propose new developments.
- Create and maintain budgeting accountability for company's Internal Audit budget by identifying, approving and communicating financial issues.
- Manage the co-sourcing arrangement with the external auditors, as required.
- Provide an independent challenge to the business view of risk as articulated via the framework and promote risk management best practice across company.
- Drive continuous improvement and implementation of global best practices in internal audit.
- Keep abreast of legislative issues, new audit regulations/trends and appropriate audit direction/methodology.
- Conduct periodic training workshops to promote awareness of internal controls and discuss changes in policies that will impact the Organization.
- Prepare and present accurate internal audit updates / reports for consideration of the Executive Committee.
- Serve as a liaison between the internal and external audit teams and review test findings, facilitate the remediation of control gaps, and escalate possible critical issue to the senior management of the company.
- Develop and implement strategies to attract and retain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by assessing capability gaps, recruiting, selecting and developing talent, Supporting mentorship, workforce development and succession planning.
- Cultivate an environment where Associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open-Door Policy.
- Qualified audit / financial professional with at least 10+ years of internal audit experience, preferably with publicly traded Japanese companies.
- Experience in the management of audit departments and staff.
- Knowledge of IT frameworks.
- Thorough understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk and control processes and procedures.
- Experience working with multi-national teams.
- Working knowledge of internal audit innovation (e.g. data analytics, automation, agile methodologies).
- Fluent in both Japanese and English.
- JGAAP knowledge preferred.
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.