Global Internet Software Company
The Senior Technical Support Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of our customers by effectively leading a team of highly skilled managers. Our customer support team is responsible for providing dependable and timely resolution to advanced feature/function inquiries and complex technical issues. The Senior Tech Support Manager will work closely with the other senior leaders in the region to drive the strategy for the region and work closely with the customers to understand the requirements and drive improvements in the support model. The Senior Technical Support Manager will also work with our global Technical Support Leadership team as well as interact with cross functional teams such as Development and Solutions Management to ensure that our product is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers. The candidate is expected to be self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented and able to define and provide a high level of customer satisfaction through the delivery of world-class technical support services.
· Develop and lead the strategy for customer support in Japan for our Cloud suite of solutions.
· Provide oversight and direction in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
· Manage workflows and schedules for direct reports and ensure adequate workload coverage.
· Ensure that direct reports have the resources, information, and processes necessary to deliver effective solutions to our customers.
· Motivate team to meet or exceed goals and objectives. Accountable to ensure team consistently meets or exceeds goals, objectives and other targets.
· Coach, mentor, and develop direct reports, including overseeing new employee on boarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
· Participate in the hiring process.
· Measure, monitor and manage customer satisfaction and provide remediation as appropriate. Ensure quality monitoring & feedback is done along with preventive actions put in place.
· Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement.
· Ensure that any customer escalations are resolved in a timely manner through the leverage of resources across the organization.
· Participate in change management activities of moderate scale and complexity across the assigned department/group.
· Work with Solutions Management, Development and Customer Support functions to support development of new products. Ensure operational and general customer service requirements are factored into design decisions. Support product launch and continuous product enhancement activities.
· Advocate for customers and define ways to continually add value to the customer experience.
· Manage and participate in rotating 24x7 "on call" support coverage for designated issues
· All other duties as assigned.
· 5+ years of experience in managing customer support teams in Japan.
· Should be very fluent in Japanese language (written and spoken).
· Experience working with Japanese customers.
· Experience working in a fast pace, global environment
· Experience managing customer relationships/activities and developing strong customer relationships
· Demonstrated strong leadership skills and performance in the behavioral competency areas such as leading people, influencing, and motivating.
· Proven success an individual contributor role/leading projects
· Proven success demonstrating problem solving capabilities
· Demonstrated willingness and ability to lead cross functional team efforts
· Demonstrated willingness and ability to effectively mentor others
· Demonstrated ability to execute and comply with best practices (being an advocate of organizational processes)
· General Customer Support domain knowledge
· Statistics knowledge (Ability to present data in charts and tables for example time series, histograms, pareto diagrams. Use statistical concepts to apply analysis related to trending, resource planning and staffing to run an operations focused organization.)
· Technical Support / Call Center Specific knowledge
· Strong Problem Solving skills
· Technical Aptitude
· Operations Management
[Basic Minimum Qualifications]
· Bachelor Degree (4 year-Degree) OR
· 5+ Years of professional/Management experience
12 million to 17 million JPY
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.