Global Beverage Company
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Senior Controller is responsible for the financial partnership of company's operational teams, through the preparation, presentation and influence of valuable analytical insights which encourage smarter, more informed decision making. The purpose of the role is to ensure financial stewardship of the Business through engaging in cross functional decisions which will ultimately impact the profitability and cash flow of the organization.
- Guarantees full compliance with the Group Controlling guideline
- Designs the system setup to perfectly mirror the responsibilities in the organization
- Ensures a timely distribution of financial information (plan & actual) to every budget holder
- Promotes efficiency in Controlling team in order to minimize time spent for report generation and increases time for analysis, commenting and insights sharing
- Supports the establishment of a true bottom up planning process and the development of a local planning calendar based on the group planning timetable allowing for sufficient review time and feedback cycles
- Contributes to a high forecasting accuracy of business plans, revised estimates and long term forecasts
- Measures and reviews the cost/benefit ratio of proposed activities
- Builds a solid relationship with budget holders based on mutual respect and trust
1.PLANNING AND PERFORMANCE:
- Understands key drivers of full business performance across MTD, YTD and FY time periods and provides appropriate commentary and recommendations dependent on audience
- Prepares and consolidates year to go estimates, providing transparency on risks and opportunities
- Presents Financial Performance each month based on current YTD performance and YTG forecasts to the Japan Leadership Team, providing clear explanation of business drivers and recommendations to mitigate financial risk where appropriate and to re-invest funds as necessary in line with business priorities
- Coordinates the Business Plan/Revised Estimate data collection and data entry, communicating the timings and required inputs to budget owners during the budgeting and revised estimates process
- Ensures accurate forecasting and clarity of drivers, resulting in robust and timely decision making
- Supports, challenges and influences the budget owners during the planning process, in alignment with business priorities
1.SYSTEMS AND REPORTING:
- Responsible for financial management reporting from various sources including BI (Business Intelligence) and Hyperion Financial Management
- Indirectly responsible for maintenance and training of business critical tools to budget owners, including CPM Tool (Customer Profitability Management) and BI Input Forms and BI Reporting
1.BE A TRUSTED BUSINESS PARTNER:
- Acts as a Finance Business Partner across the organisation, with key partners being the Japan Leadership Team and their direct reports
- Knows all trade terms agreements of customers, their budgets and the customer P&L.
- Works closely with the key account managers to calculate promotional ROI
- Benchmarks the costs of marketing activities
- Evaluates new product launches and their impact on profitability.
1.SHAPE TEAM PERFORMANCE:
- Provide strategic direction, energy and thought leadership to the Controlling team, building trust, confidence and belief in our future vision
- Build a high performing team by energising the team to step up and deliver their best work.
- Oversee all aspects of team leadership
- 8+ years' demonstrated experience in a commercial finance role within an evolving business.
- Ideally 3+ years' direct people leadership, demonstrating experience in coaching for performance and setting vision and expectations for the team
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills with internal stakeholders.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and multiple priorities
- High attention to detail and willingness to be hands on
- Ability to communicate and present at all levels.
- Degree in Finance with relevant post graduate qualification (CPA / CA / MBA)
- Advanced excel and modelling skills. Proficient MS Powerpoint knowledge. Familiarity with any integrated business analysis tool is a strong plus (SAP BI / Cognos / Hyperion) as well as external business tools (Aztec / AC Nielsen)
- Self motivated and directed. Be able to work under pressure in a fast paced team environment
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.