Global Consumer Goods Company
- Lead the development and execution of local sourcing strategies for Japan. Support regional lead to develop regional sourcing strategy.
- Lead and execute major contracts, negotiation and other procurement tactics mainly with local suppliers.
- Represent Japan in regional/global commodity teams. Participate, provide input to and support the regional/global leads. Identify and execute the local regional cost savings target
- Drive breakthrough results and mind set change in order to achieve APAC and corporate financial objectives.
- Acquire in-depth market knowledge. Understand cost structure of major commodities. ・ Lead the annual budget process. Manage the pricing for major commodities. Provide input on market inflation and support the global category leads.
- Identify, develop and execute Harmonization and Standardization efforts between countries and regions.
- Develop industry analysis, market analysis, supply and demand analysis, and consumption data for the major categories. Build capability in the Japan Procurement Team
- Identify how Japan procurement process can be improved and collaborate with group manager to execute the change. Manage key supplier relationships
- Create transparency and strategic focus in relationships with key suppliers.
- Own the process of identifying Strategic and Transactional suppliers in APAC and support the process locally, regionally and globally. Integrate with the business and Manage stakeholder alignment
- Manage internal customer relationships within Supply Chain, Technical Group, Marketing, etc., in and outside Japan.
- Create a cross functional team structure allowing Procurement Strategy execution, when needed.
- More than 3 years of experience in Procurement. Background with major commodities such as plastics, paper, resins/refineries, tinplate, aluminium or injection/blow moulding will be helpful
- Strong oral and written communication skill in business English
- More than 3 years of experience in multi-national company, best if consumer goods company, is preferred
- Bachelor degree is a must
- Flexibility to travel a few times a year, including overseas
- SAP skill preferred
Experience and Qualifications Competencies
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and leadership behaviour
- Ability to successfully utilize procurement tactics (i.e. negotiation, inquiry, etc.) and deliver winwin supply agreements
- Capable of building and maintaining relationships internally and externally, at all levels
- Cooperative work-style and influencing skills
- Creative, entrepreneurial and seen as a role model to drive change
- Strong business orientation with drive and motivation to work independently and manage for results
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.