Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
- Manage month-end close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly and timely recorded, reviewing journal entries, and validating balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform month-end and periodical Flux analysis.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and ERP system changes.
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices.
- Endorse the compliance with GAAP, LOA, and any underlying regulations.
- Make recommendations for changes as needed to enhance the compliance with company policies and procedures, and establish the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud
- Manage regular payment process, cash controls and monthly cash forecasts
- Assist Accounting Reporting, Internal Control and Tax team with compilation of information for preparation of related financial reporting and/or tax returns
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- 10+ years working experience in Finance/Accounting or equivalent, with at least 3〜5 years of supervisory experience
- Detail-oriented person with passion for business and strong analytical skills
- Advanced proficiency of Microsoft Office Applications including Excel and PowerPoint
- Business level Japanese and English both in speaking and writing. (TOEIC 800+)
- Effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
- Ability to manage multiple assignments with tight deadline, prioritize tasks, and deliver result while keeping motivation to go beyond expectation
- CPA or US CPA qualification is a plus
- Experience in multi-national companies
- Experience in shared service
- Experience to launch or upgrade ERP system as accounting lead