Manage local and regional resource to accomplish the tasks of general accounting and taxation.
【役割と責任範囲 (Roles & responsibilities)】
- Contributes to creation of a high performance culture through effective leadership and communication with colleagues in Japan Financial Services (JFS), Global Financial Services (GFS) and local/regional other Finance functions.
- Establishes strong working relationships with JFS and GFS teams and demonstrates accountability with a focus on superior customer service.
- Displays team-oriented approach and confidence/decisiveness with interactions.
- Prepare or approve relevant manual journal entries.
- Prepare month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes ensuring financial statements are accurate,complete and in accordance with accounting standards (Statutory and USGAAP).
- Prepare tax filings ensuring they are in compliance with local market requirement.
- Prepare Legal Entity (LE) projections and the annual LE budget process.
- Facilitate external/internal/tax audits and manage interactions with the respective auditors.
- Manages all required deadlines by balancing a multiplicity of demands, particularly ensuring all financial reports are accurately completed within deadlines set.
- Identifies and recommends areas for improvement for the related work, focusing on innovation introduction.
- Learns from experience, integrates and applies learning to enhance own and team performance.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Further related qualification (CPA, CA or equivalent).
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in global and/or multi-divisional organization.
- Experience within the pharmaceutical industry - preferable.
- Experience of manger in multi-national environment.
- Experience of leading financial reporting and tax filing.
- Intellectual/emotional capability and commitment exercising a high degree of adaptability in dealing with diverse work environment.
- Inquisitive, initiative and willing approach in the acquisition of new tasks and the ability to be independent in completing set objectives.
- Competent analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong written and oral presentation abilities.
- Competence in using a variety of applicable software (including SAP ECC, SAP Business Intelligence, Hyperion, Concur, Tableau and Microsoft Suite) to perform business tasks.
- Fluency in English and Japanese (reading/writing/speaking/listening).