Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
This role is essential for the company as she/he represents the entire organization in bearing accounting/controlling/audit management/tax responsibilities on a regular basis, while supervising/supporting local migration of ERP (Oracle) as first assignment.
She/he also plays a critical role for improvement of the company-wide processes to help further focus on driving business.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for accounting, controlling and tax area, supporting Finance Director. Handle daily transactions as well as raise future risks for those areas to contribute on business growth and business compliance.
- Lead and coordinate on managing internal/external audits including SOX, Financial, BS Review, Taxes, and Business processes.
- Lead monthly, quarterly and annual closing/reporting in compliance with USGAAP and company policies with accuracy and timeliness.
- Responsible for Balance Sheet accuracy and working capital management, including BS account reconciliations, variance analysis, and WC reductions.
- Supervise the subject matter experts for Oracle migration project as first on-boarding assignment.
- Responsible for leading Account Receivable process after shipments through cash collection, including credit control.
- Responsible for leading Account Payable process on a daily basis.
- Work with Global Tax, Finance Director, and local external tax advisories for setting up mid/long-term local tax strategies as well as responding to regulation changes.
- Lead timely and accurate tax filings collaborating with external tax advisory.
- Lead or participate in local/global financial projects for implementation of new tools or process enhancements.
- Lead and manage Accounting Team for higher performing organization and help/encourage individual developments.
- Travel: Business travel is occasionally required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated financial control experience, building strong working relationship with internal/external stakeholders.
- Proven accounting & tax expertise to lead and operate the daily transactions and reporting with team members.
- Advanced ability to develop Excel/PowerPoint presentations, and occasionally in an environment demanding both accuracy and speed.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial control, especially on USGAAP and SOX.
- Strong ability to find out current/future risks to prevent accounting/process deficiencies and strong problem solving and project management skill.
- Experience in ERP migration/integration project.
- Advanced Japanese/English proficiency.
- Strong leadership to manage people/team and initiate accounting/tax discussion with senior members.
- Good communication skills required for effective information collection, verification and business partnering with prioritization and risk-control viewpoints.
- Collaboration/teamwork/respect-each-other mindset in a humble/friendly way.
- Speak-up and driving-business mindset with innovation and passion to change and move forward.
- Clear career aspirations, always challenging her/himself for self-development.
- Strong ethics as a finance professional.
- Minimum Experience: 10 years experiences in Accounting/Audit/Tax field.
- Experience in foreign affiliated companies who carry inventory of products.
- ERP experience as a plus. (Oracle is preferable.)
- Experience in creating financial presentations for senior management.
- Experience in developing financial models including balance sheets and statements of cash flows, in addition to income statements.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor degree. MBA Degree as a plus.
- Licensure/Certifications: USCPA/JICPA preferred.