Online Service Company
We are looking for a dynamic self-starter who is skilful in communicating with cross-functional partners who have different backgrounds, levels and experiences. As Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for general accounting duties involving journal entry development and input, balance sheet account reconciliations, financial statement analysis and a variety of special projects assigned by management.
Responsibilities & duties:
- General accounting duties include ownership of the month-end close process, including journal entry preparation, reconciliations, and financial statement analysis
- Research variances in account balances and assist the finance team in explaining actuals to forecast differences
- Cross-functional interaction with business teams, FP&A, Tax and Internal Audit.
- Drive process improvement and contribute to exciting projects that achieve scalability and efficiency, system design, and core accounting framework and management reporting.
- Review contracts and other transactions for appropriate accounting treatment
- Play a key role in general process improvements and process documentation for all facets of the accounting cycle
- Implement processes and document controls to ensure SOX compliant internal control environment
- Support year-end external audit activities and ongoing internal audits as necessary
- Execute special project and complete other ad hoc assignments as required
- At least 3 years' experience in financial accounting at a foreign-owned firm.
- Solid understanding of J-GAAP, US GAAP/IFRS understanding would also be a plus
- Effective oral and written communication in both English (TOEIC >750) and Japanese (JLPT >2)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work and research/resolve issues independently
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple conflicting priorities
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Experience in Kanjo Bugyo, Workday, Blackline or One Stream a plus.
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.