Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan.
IT/Translation Service Company
This role is client-facing, results-driven, innovative, and drives profitable growth. In addition to executing high-visibility, complex projects, the senior AI project manager is part of the Project Management team leadership, coaching and guiding less experienced members of the team.
- Execution of large-scale data annotation projects, with medium to high complexity.
- Develop and write data annotation project plans.
- Create and manage the global project schedule, liaising with all production team members to ensure viability and commitment.
- Provide training and technical guidance as necessary to more junior project team members.
- Drive project timelines and budgets to completion and within estimated scope and established production.
- Budget and provide timely and accurate forecasts of our expected revenue with appropriate highlighting of risk.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of the company as well as industry products and solutions.
- Balance work among project team members according to skills and individual workload.
- Monitor and maintain project financials, including revenue recognition, revenue forecasting and billing.
- Collaborate with both local and global production teams to create, implement and maintain appropriate client- or project-specific procedures, solutions, checklists and instructions.
- Ensure the accuracy of financial project data, workflows, schedules and processes to maximize efficiency and profitability.
- Provide ideas and feedback to our product team in order to help build out our proprietary data annotation platform.
- Identifies, leads, and supervises teamwide process improvement initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic understanding of data annotation techniques and approaches for machine learning models.
- Ability to understand financial models to demonstrate financial ROI.
- Have a thorough understanding of basic financial concepts like Gross Margin, Budgets, etc.
- A self-starter who can effectively work within a strong team culture.
- Thrives working in cross-functional, global teams, collaborating across different departments and stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze new and changing scenarios and adapt existing workflow / process to the new requirements.
- Ability to work in a multicultural, diverse global environment.
- Minimum 3-5 years of project management experience.
- Business fluency in both Japanese and English.
- Must have a proven record of managing complex projects.
- Experience working and leading project teams in different time zones.
- Client relationship management experience.
Beneficial Education and/or Experience
- Previous experience related to machine learning and/or data annotation.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Computer Science/IT or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Fluency in any additional languages (some projects involve annotation of data in languages other than English).
- Interest in potentially transitioning to team leader/manager.
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.