This role will be responsible for implementing the sales strategy to optimize the relationship with, and achieve maximum sales results mainly for the histology market in Japan context.
This role has an emphasis on technical & application selling, relationship building, supporting of tender request and sales enquires.
- Drive customer sales to achieve business goals and assigned revenue quota.
- Work with sales and marketing management to develop and manage tactical and locally sales plans to penetrate key accounts.
- Contact all assigned hospitals on a regular basis as required to achieve and service business.
- Seek new opportunities and drive continuous improvement for coordination and management of existing business.
- Quantify business opportunities presented by customers' new products/projects and work with technical and product development teams to define those.
- Provide accurate forecast of sales for the territory by customer and product on a timely basis.
- Ensure account information and knowledge management is current and accurate.
- Provide ongoing communication to management regarding customer risk, opportunity, development and direction in market. Assessing business potential of current and new customers is a key.
- Monitor publications and announcements from customer base and target customers, channeling information to management.
- Participate in weekly sales meeting to include budget, sales, profit and forecast.
- Coordinate efforts with Sales, Marketing, Operations, QA/RA, Finance and Senior Management resources as needed.
- Managing, motivating and developing direct reports.
- Travel over 80%
- Minimum 5 years proven sales experience in medical or life science field
- Bachelor's Degree in Business
- Japanese - Native level
- English - TOEIC 500 and over